Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Back From My C&p Today!

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Had my C&P today for ED. Same nurse that gave me a C&P almost 2 years ago and from her mis-information and deletion of pertinent info, the VARO flat turned my claim down. Its almost like she looked at me as if to say, "Your back again...what is it this time that you think you have and that I can deny for you again".

I'm sorry, but I don't think I handled this examination very well. She asked me a lot of questions about problems associated with guys that have ED and repeated the questions over and over again. She could see that I was very upset and pissed off that I got her for my exam, and she must have asked me a half dozen times if I wanted to cancel or postpone this exam and reschedule for a later date. I know it would take at least 6 months to a year to get another exam.

My question is how long should it take to get the results from my C&P and how can I get a copy of the C&P.

Good thing I was riding on the VA van because as upset as I was I probably would have driven off the freeway, accidently.

Any answers would be appreciated, as always and thanks in advance.

Signed,

VERY FRUSTRATED AND VERY TIRED OF THE VA RUNAROUND BS

(AKA Brian)

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think if she wrote a report that ended in a denial the first time you have a good gripe that she is biased. They should not send you to the same C&P doctor twice for the same condition. How in the world do they conduct a exam for ED? All they can do is ask you if you are impotent. You probably need a good private medical opinion. No one should rely on the VA to determine their claim. Is your ED a secondary condition to an accepted condition like DMII?

• HadIt.com Elder

I can empathize with women who prefer women for their medical issues as well as I like my female Doc at VA but I would be a tad uncomfortable dealing with ED C&P and a female nurse at VA.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I think if she wrote a report that ended in a denial the first time you have a good gripe that she is biased. They should not send you to the same C&P doctor twice for the same condition. How in the world do they conduct a exam for ED? All they can do is ask you if you are impotent. You probably need a good private medical opinion. No one should rely on the VA to determine their claim. Is your ED a secondary condition to an accepted condition like DMII?

The first C&P was for my heart and in her report she said the veteran is no longer having any heart problems. Of course she did not say that after the veteran had his heart attack and they inserted 2 stents and they have prescribed a whole battery of pills and the veteran can no longer work and he is on SSDI because he has depression and anxiety and a mild form of PTSD (does anyone know what a mild form of PTSD is?). I thought either you have it or don't have it. And now I have ED caused by my depression and everything else secondary to my SC heart condition from over 40 years ago. All of these conditions have been verified and continually treated by VA Cardiologists, VA Psychiatrists, and VA Psycologists.

She insisted on asking questions repeatedly about my ED and how long have I had it. She asked me about several things related to ED and I'm not sure how graphic I can get here so you let me know if you want to hear it and I will be happy to let you know.

The exam was a full physical and she checked my penis and my boys and did the old single digit trick. I have had those exams before and not fun they are, this was extremely uncomfortable and not because she was a woman, and I might add, younger and attractive. I think she was a plant to see how I would react. And no, I did not react.

My ED is secondary to my SC heart condition that the VA continually denies.

At the end of the exam I asked her point blank if she thought I had ED and she would not tell me.

Anyway John, thanks for the feedback and letting me vent a little.

Brian

I can empathize with women who prefer women for their medical issues as well as I like my female Doc at VA but I would be a tad uncomfortable dealing with ED C&P and a female nurse at VA.

Pete, I agree with you 100%. I am very uncomfortable talking about my ED with anyone, especially with a younger, nice looking NURSE. She isn't even a doctor, I guess that's the part that really bothers me

• HadIt.com Elder

1st of all, you can get a copy of your C&P (matter-of-fact, ALL your medical records) if you will just go to the VAMC where your C&P was performed and go to medical records and fill out this little form that they will hand to you. Voila, yer medical records, in yer hand. Amazing.

As for them baiting you with a good looling young female-type person.......they have more to do than that. In other words, they ain't got time to set a "trap" for you. You are probably the 8th person that she had to do C&P's on, on that day.

And, believe it or not, you will probably get a GOOD C&P.

Let us know, okay?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Pete, I agree with you 100%. I am very uncomfortable talking about my ED with anyone, especially with a younger, nice looking NURSE. She isn't even a doctor, I guess that's the part that really bothers me

I think it takes 3-4 weeks for them to complete and release the report, at least that's how it goes in my area. That's when you can get ahold of your copy.

Then, with that in hand, I'd fire off a 21-4138 challenging the whole exam/report.* I doubt it woould do any good but at least it would be on record.

*Assumng it turn's out bad as you expect.