Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

These Bandits Ordered Another Imo

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

These bandits ordered another IMO as of may 27th. When will this crap stop?

When this opinion comes back from their whore, should I let it all get processed and denied so it will go to COVA?

If I NOD or get another opinion and send it in, this will just keep this 1998 docket case in the remand mode, correct?

Thanks for any replies........

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Who ordered the IMO, allan?

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with your claim.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Claim has been on appeal with the BVA since 1998 and at the AMC since it opined in 2005.

My claim set idle for a couple yrs after the AMC recieved several IMO's from Dr Bash.

Last Dec it was denied stating they don't have the opinions or the c-file records I claim Dr Bash made the med opin from(service records). They also said they didn't have any records of me ever requesting a c-file or service records and can not verify thye "authinticity" of the ones I sent them.

In March, I wrote them back and sent a copy of every ignored request for a copy of my file from 1975 until 1997 when they sent me what little I have.

Now they've ordered another IMO. For what I don't know nor could I find out. I've recieved no notice from the AMC or the PVA regarding this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Allen

What they did to your regarding the C-file has been done before. This is a trick they use. They may grant your claim but use the new C&P exam date as the effective date saying this new evidence is what broke the camel's back. Any new evidence you send in will probably be used to establish an earlier effective date. The same thing happened to me. 5 years in appeals and a BVA remand and then I sent in an IMO and the VA granted my claim based on the new IMO. However, if you don't send in new evidence you may never win your claim. They have us coming and going. I think I would do whatever is necessary to win the claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Allen,

I believe John is correct. Remember I received a denial from the

AMC and due to that telephone call from this Kathy to advise me to

waiver my 60 days. It was in my best interest she said. Not True!

The BVA Judge allowed me time to secure the Independent Medical

Opinion from Dr. Crowley and this is what won my grant and retro for

16 years.

You may have to do it again. What about The new less expensive doctor.

Have a you thought of giving him a try.

I believe Pete posted a link to his web site.

Just a thought.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan:

Its hard to believe but I think that you have no choice but show up for the C&P at least after the C&P you should get a decision. If its wrong you can attack the VA and the opinion.

Don't give up.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Claim has been on appeal with the BVA since 1998 and at the AMC since it opened in 2005.

My claim set idle for a couple yrs after the AMC recieved several IMO's from Dr Bash.

Last Dec it was denied stating they don't have the opinions or the c-file records I claim Dr Bash made the med opin from(service records). They also said they didn't have any records of me ever requesting a c-file or service records and can not verify thye "authinticity" of the ones I sent them. In March, I wrote them back and sent a copy of every ignored request for a copy of my file from 1975 until 1997 when they sent me what little I have. Now they've ordered another IMO. For what I don't know nor could I find out. I've recieved no notice from the AMC or the PVA regarding this.

Allan, Go to the C&P Exam!!

Have you researched "BVA rules of practice"; if they're not following their own rules, I'd complain to the OIG for losing your records and "fraud, waste and abuse".

I'm sure you are hoppin' mad, but you gotta go to that Exam. Move that claim FORWARD, do whatever you can to get that decision.

I have a suspicion, like John said, they will service-connect with this exam but want to change effective date. You can sort that out later. Hang in there brother!!! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)