VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We File A Claim If We Are 100% Secdular?

Rate this question

steve Mck

Question

In Dec. I was awarded an increase from 60% to 100% s.c. for PTSD, and Tinitus with a 0% for hearing loss. I have a multitude of other ailments as well. My question is should a s.c. veteran continue to file claims if they are @ 100% s.c. disabled? My particular award does not state that this is a perminent award and states that in the future it may be reviewed and could change depending upon my condition. So, should I file other claims for s.c. to build my case so that if a review of my 100% award was reduced, I would still have additional s.c. claims that would keep me at 100%? I am at 62 years old and just forced to retire due to health conditons so I am concerned that the VA could possibly reduce my s.c. award, which would place a hardship upon me and my family.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

File away but be aware that every thime you file a new claim or ask for additional rating or increase the VA looks at the whole enchilada. I guess I mean that you can loose a 100%. I have filed 3 times after 100% with partial success.

Good Luck

PS if you have Social Security or any other disability I would consider it almost 100% safe to file.

Also the more that you are service connected for the better change your spouse will have to get DIC if you pass prematurely or before 10 years at 100%.

Berta,

You wrote: "I have seen many claims at the BVA where the veteran died without 10 years of 100% SC P & T in effect...."

Does the vet have to have 10 years of 100% with P&T for the spouse to get DIC or if he has 10 years of 100% without P&T is she still eligible?

Thanks,

TS Snave

I been reading this topic and see DIC before 10 years at 100%. What is DIC and how does it work?

Thanks

I been reading this topic and see DIC before 10 years at 100%. What is DIC and how does it work?

Thanks

Guest Vietnam Tanker

DIC = Dependents Indemnity Compensation, the benefits for your heirs should you pass from a service connected condition, others will chirp in with more info for you soon.

ONCE YOU ARE 100% SCHEDULAR THE GAME CHANGES

NOW YOU ARE MOVING INTO SPECIAL MONTHLY COMP

ESSENTIALLY THIS PLAYS OUT A FEW SCENARIOS IN REGard to smc and its very complicates to

LOSS OF EYESIGHT IN ONE OR BOTH EYES, MISSING LIMBS, OR YOUR NOT MISSING THE LIMB BUT IT IS so DAMAGED THAT IF IT WERE AMPUTATED THE RESULT WOULD BE THE SAME IE ITS NO GOOD

IF YOU RETAIN THE LIMB AND CLAIM ITS NO GOOD MOST LIKELY va WILL REQUEST QTC OR VA HOSPITAL TO CONDUCT A

NCS STUDY NERVE CONDUCTION TEST ESSENTIALLY

THEY WILL ELECTROCUTE YOU TO GET THE RESULT THEY WANT TO

SHOW YOUr LIMB WHICH EVER ONE IT IS STILL WORKS your going to say ow that hurts they will say see it works theirs nothing wrong then you will need an ime for that issue

k and l are fairly easey to get

for smc m through r2 you have to be practically dead and a and a aid for attendance

with a and a this is whats going to happen to you separate now from a c and p exam____________

they will bring in about 3 to 4 doctors and they are going to tag team you like a homicide investigation

well you say your in bed all the time yet you watch tv

well you say your in bed all the time yet you can eat

well you say your in bed yet you can reach the remote for the air conditioner

they may also do a field interview they will go to the post office in your town ask around if they know you if their s a state vet rep in town they will ask him very very true!!!!!!

you should go to www.va.gov look up veterans appeals cases type in aid and attendance you can see what your up against

plus i had a friend who i went with to one of those a and a evals it's not a fun event good luck dont meen to scare you

but for warned is for ARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK

in this context i read a case of a vet who was in england he filed for smc r2 and they had to accept the private doctors ime

ONCE YOU ARE 100% SCHEDULAR THE GAME CHANGES

NOW YOU ARE MOVING INTO SPECIAL MONTHLY COMP

ESSENTIALLY THIS PLAYS OUT A FEW SCENARIOS IN REGard to smc and its very complicates to

LOSS OF EYESIGHT IN ONE OR BOTH EYES, MISSING LIMBS, OR YOUR NOT MISSING THE LIMB BUT IT IS so DAMAGED THAT IF IT WERE AMPUTATED THE RESULT WOULD BE THE SAME IE ITS NO GOOD

IF YOU RETAIN THE LIMB AND CLAIM ITS NO GOOD MOST LIKELY va WILL REQUEST QTC OR VA HOSPITAL TO CONDUCT A

NCS STUDY NERVE CONDUCTION TEST ESSENTIALLY

THEY WILL ELECTROCUTE YOU TO GET THE RESULT THEY WANT TO

SHOW YOUr LIMB WHICH EVER ONE IT IS STILL WORKS your going to say ow that hurts they will say see it works theirs nothing wrong then you will need an ime for that issue

k and l are fairly easey to get

for smc m through r2 you have to be practically dead and a and a aid for attendance

with a and a this is whats going to happen to you separate now from a c and p exam____________

they will bring in about 3 to 4 doctors and they are going to tag team you like a homicide investigation

well you say your in bed all the time yet you watch tv

well you say your in bed all the time yet you can eat

well you say your in bed yet you can reach the remote for the air conditioner

they may also do a field interview they will go to the post office in your town ask around if they know you if their s a state vet rep in town they will ask him very very true!!!!!!

you should go to www.va.gov look up veterans appeals cases type in aid and attendance you can see what your up against

plus i had a friend who i went with to one of those a and a evals it's not a fun event good luck dont meen to scare you

but for warned is for ARMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK

in this context i read a case of a vet who was in england he filed for smc r2 and they had to accept the private doctors ime

and yes that person received smc r2 with a and a i mean how are you going to check on a person in europe??