Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection Injuries

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello all hope all is well. I have been racking my brain to say the least my Question is this ( If you are injured on Active Duty upon discharge from Military Services. Who is responsible for The injury or injuries?Is the burden placed on the Veteran to follow up or is it the Military Services or the VA.? I am a little confused here with this .I know the Federal Citation that Iam arguing with the US. Army is clear however if the Services know you are or were injured to make the process user friendly?

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just typed all of the info to you and when I went to send it I got an error message. This took me 40 min to type all gone Don't know how to scan and send......I am so saddened it took me forever to type everything....too bad I can't talk or figure out faster way boo hoo 4 me another setback

\\\\\\

name='Berta' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:14 PM' post='97006]

"They argue that a minor car accident, 2 falls on wet floor at work, and pulled back moving a desk in my office are the reasons for my back problems"

Yet these could have been aggravated by your inservice back problems.

I think you will need a stronger detailed IMO- these can be very expensive-I have a topic here under the search which states what an Independent Medical Opinion should cover-

I have seen the VA do this before- even with clear cut evidence in the SMRs-which you say you have in them- the VA will look for post service things like auto accidents to rule out service connection.

They dont connect the dots either-

they should have not only a stronger IMO that conforms to heir croteria but also the IMO doctor should highlight specific things in your SMRS , rule out how the auto accident etc did not cause the problems but aggravated the back problems you had, and also support their opinion with X rays and any MRI results prior to the accident and falls, as well as highlight your continuous treatment records.

"even though one said the original service connected injury weakened the spinal structure" this is good from an IMO doctor-but did they completely ignore this?

Are you able to scan the denial and block the personal info and attach it here?

Have you formally claimed fibromyalgia?

Is there any evidence of that in your SMRs?

Or symptoms of it? The VA didnt know what it was many years ago- it is still quite misunderstood.

HOW DO I SCAN AND COPY IT TO YOU AT THIS SITE?

I need the exact instruction please.

Thanks a bunch

"They argue that a minor car accident, 2 falls on wet floor at work, and pulled back moving a desk in my office are the reasons for my back problems"

Yet these could have been aggravated by your inservice back problems.

I think you will need a stronger detailed IMO- these can be very expensive-I have a topic here under the search which states what an Independent Medical Opinion should cover-

I have seen the VA do this before- even with clear cut evidence in the SMRs-which you say you have in them- the VA will look for post service things like auto accidents to rule out service connection.

They dont connect the dots either-

they should have not only a stronger IMO that conforms to heir croteria but also the IMO doctor should highlight specific things in your SMRS , rule out how the auto accident etc did not cause the problems but aggravated the back problems you had, and also support their opinion with X rays and any MRI results prior to the accident and falls, as well as highlight your continuous treatment records.

"even though one said the original service connected injury weakened the spinal structure" this is good from an IMO doctor-but did they completely ignore this?

Are you able to scan the denial and block the personal info and attach it here?

Have you formally claimed fibromyalgia?

Is there any evidence of that in your SMRs?

Or symptoms of it? The VA didnt know what it was many years ago- it is still quite misunderstood.

Halos2 HOW DO I SCAN AND COPY IT TO YOU AT THIS SITE?

Thanks a bunch Once you have scanned your item copy it to your desktop open it with EDITPaint will open up if your using windows xp this item go up to the strech skew in IMAGE resize to 50% from 100% click yes when you close it the change will be made and the you just add when you wish to post I hope this helps .

OK I did that and crazy thing I put documents on correctly yet they scanned upside down.

But they are scanned, do ou think I should scan them again because they are upside down?

Alsohow do I send them to this site next??

Halos2 HOW DO I SCAN AND COPY IT TO YOU AT THIS SITE?

Thanks a bunch Once you have scanned your item copy it to your desktop open it with EDITPaint will open up if your using windows xp this item go up to the strech skew in IMAGE resize to 50% from 100% click yes when you close it the change will be made and the you just add when you wish to post I hope this helps .

I went to the va in the mid eightys for chronic back pain and told them... I WENT THERE OVER 3 YRS BUT NEVER FILLED FOR BENEFITS JUST SUCKED IT UP AND WORKED WITH PAIN THEN AND ALL THESE YEARS TOO

Your IMO doctor needs to minimize the impact of those falls and the car wreck and the back pull. How does the VA know all these details? What your doctor should argue is that you fell because of the service connected injury. Were your treated for a back injury after the car wreck and the back pull? Did you tell them about this stuff or did you get worker's compensation or something that was a public record they got access to somehow? Who gave them all this information about other injuries to your back? I hope you did not volunteer it. You don't have to lie about other NSC injuries but you don't have to volunteer information.