Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Thought

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I feel sure that just about everyone has seen the Wilfred Bromley (sp) commercial on TV that says,

"Attention Diabetics, Did you know that Medicare could pay for All of Your Diabetic Supplies,

Well they might, just call Liberty and Liberty will take care of it all."

Well -------------- I'd like to hear a commercial say,

"Attention all Military Veterans, Did you know that you might be entitled to many, many veterans benefits, Disability, Health Care,

Eyeglasses and Hearing Aids, Nursing Home Care, Burial, etc..."

"Veterans, if you are facing Home Foreclosure and your current Mortgage

is not under a VA Loan, you more likely than not can re-finance with a VA Home Loan Guaranteed, etc..."

I sure would like to see one or two repetitive commercials like the above.

If the VA was more sincere in being there for Veteran's, I feel they would make some commercial's like this.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I wish they would do the commercials, but as some have mentioned in their posts, they don't wont deserving Vets to know about their earned benefits.

During my retirement ACAP session, the VA rep asked, "Have any of you every seen a VA commercial or advertisement on TV"? He further stated "and you won't see one because if you don't know about your benefits, you won't get your benefits". :P

The VA employees who get those big bonuses get that money from what is called "hire-lag" dollars. Example, VA get authorization and funds to hire 100 C&P examiners and 100 rating officials for FY 2008 at $80,000 per annun.

However, the Medical Director and the Veteran Service Managers only hire 50 examiners and 50 rating officials for the entire FY 2008. :unsure:

Where do you suppose the funds (hire-lag dollars) for the other non hired positions goes? Convention trips, award bonuses, more office furniture, computers, equipment, etc. I would venture to say that some of this is "calculated" on the part of those in charge of the hiring. ;)

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

• HadIt.com Elder

Why doesn't one of the SO's do this? Or, better yet, why don't they all get together and do this colloectively? It would drive up their memberships, becuase vets would need help filing those claims (until they learn what the VSO's are really like). Maybe we should all send in letters to the SO's to get a public awareness campaign going.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

just checked, Wilford Brimley is still alive, but if his schedule is too full I vote Gary Sinise!! or Willl Smith!! or Willie Nelson or Tom Hanks or Oprah Winfrey or retired General Wilma Vaughn (ret) or one of our illustrious military supportive Senators Filner or Murray or Lee Greenwood - God bless the USA!

Bottom line there ought to be a veterans registration drive to make sure each vet is provided one on one assistance for counseling in VA healthcare offerings and specific GI benefits.

cg

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I'm split on this one, Carlie -- yes. it would get the word out to some deserving Veterans...but it would also get the word out to many more nonveteran "Have Nots" who might raise hell about the benefits we rightfully earned. Those "Have Nots" have votes too, and eventually some Congresscritter will listen to them instead of us.

People are already really ignorant about the military -- I remember bringing in stuff from the commissary once and a civilian said "must be nice to have free groceries." I don't know if we want to fuel the fire.

Hey Bill, tell me where you got them there free groceries!!!!! I headed out the door now cause I sure am hungry hahahahahaha

You bring up a good point. Even congress, those who have not served and are not really up on the system have a hard time with this. Mr. civilian sees Mr. veteran jump on his new harley that he bragged about getting with his back pay and it turns Mr. civilian's belly inside out cause he knows that in some way he helped fund that new harley that he can not afford. Same goes for the new home make over with the new bath room. They just can not understand why they had to pay for the lazy veteran's new bathroom. Hell they have known him for 15 years and he don't act disabled and if he is why the hell is he now jumping on a new 20k harley and hitting the road. My God if he can ride a harley surely the bum can work can't he!!!!! Not my thoughts for I fully understand the plight of a disabled veteran however, Joe the civilian just can not stomach it nor imagine what it is like. All he knows is the old lazy veteran has not worked in the past 20 years and now he is riding a new bike or floating a new boat while the good civilian has a hard time putting food on the table for his children. We reall do cause a lot of heartache in the civilian community and the non-serving congress idiots.

Forgot to mention - eventhough we have tons of problems with the VA it is the best disability system in the world. Not many others, even if there is one, will pay for your wife and kids to go to college, assist you in buying a new car and then modify it for you, etc.......

Edited by Ricky