Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Keith Roberts

Rate this question

Berta

Question

For those who followed this case-

Mr. Roberts claimed stressors for PTSD that were checked into years later - due to many reasons-by the VA.

His appeal was lost and the prior decision affirmed by the US Court of Appeals 7th District.

48 months imprisonment for wire fraud-

$262,843.52 in benefits that was obtained fraudulently from the VA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They have even posted on line an actual copy of this veteran's Statement In Support of Claim,

Form 21-4138, from 2002 in it's entirety with his name, address and Social Security Number.

http://www.uppitywis.org/statement

The reason I don't agree with filing a copy of your DD214 at the Courthouse is just

like this -- it all becomes Public Record.

What a shame this is.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

This is wrong to do this, legal or not to post sensitive information. There should be some methods of confidentiality. VA # should be blacked out as well as SS#.

I read a little on this case but not enough to comment however innocent till proven guilty where is the complete justice...can those who told of event and who was involved tell what they ate that day too? Is their recall that clear? Sometimes memories maybe suppressed and total recall might be a little didffcult, also have those who testified applied for and been granted va benefits?

Sounds like it needs through investigation before jumping the gun.

Hope outcome in the end will be justified wherever the truth shall lead.

They have even posted on line an actual copy of this veteran's Statement In Support of Claim,

Form 21-4138, from 2002 in it's entirety with his name, address and Social Security Number.

http://www.uppitywis.org/statement

The reason I don't agree with filing a copy of your DD214 at the Courthouse is just

like this -- it all becomes Public Record.

What a shame this is.

jmho,

carlie

• In Memoriam

This is not a 4 year sentence it is a life sentence.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

The government writes the story in a fashion to exclude benefits to Veterans Surviving Families. Then latter use their own BS as a certified gospel account of events.

An excerpt from the story:

This new evidence comes from a veteran, and a distant relative of Roberts' in an e-mail, reading:

By the way, Keith had talked to me about the death of (Airman) Gary (Holland) a number of times in 1970 and 1971 when are Navy careers caused us to cross paths in Naples, Italy and in Norfolk, VA. Keith is my brother-in-law's nephew. I never thought this BS from the VA and the US attorney could have every actually led to a conviction and prison time.

Roberts has never varied from his account from 1969 of his actions during which a friend was killed (not even the Navy, VA and DoJ can deny the existence of a corpse), according to numerous intimates and relatives; though their testimony was never introduced at Roberts' 2006 trial.

Other veterans at the Italy airbase corroborate Roberts' account, but their accounts conflict with the government's, and therefore are narratives in which the VA and DoJ maintain an abiding disinterest.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I am saddened to hear that Mr. Roberts appeal was denied.

I guess the fine line the law and the Federal government is drawing is that he lied about his role in the event (embellished). As for a verified stressor, If the man was on Line Duty at this airfield and this incident occured I don't understand how they can say it wasn't a stressor. I have never worked on an airfield but my understanding of Line Duty or working the flight line is you need to be aware of and participating in everything that is going on.

Been wrong before and im sure I will be again.

Best regards,

Tyler

For those who followed this case-

Mr. Roberts claimed stressors for PTSD that were checked into years later - due to many reasons-by the VA.

His appeal was lost and the prior decision affirmed by the US Court of Appeals 7th District.

48 months imprisonment for wire fraud-

$262,843.52 in benefits that was obtained fraudulently from the VA.

Berta,

I just wanted to let you know I turned in my IMO's at Bath today and I gave L.C. The Info you gave me.We had our normal talk about things around that Office and he also said He was looking forward to Talking with you.He knows you mean well for the Veterans. So I guess you should be hearing from him when he is on his personal time. He really wants to good by all vets.-- what a concept!

Macool

"We should not have to fight the system, We fought to protect"