Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I File A Claim For This?

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

When I was in the Air Force, I had to have my Gall Bladder and stones removed at my local hospital "Emergency Operation". I was full of paranites on I V for 4 day's befor the Doc could operate. There are 4 pages of this in my SMR's. This was done

Sept 11th 1989, is it to late to file for it? The Doctor said it was to risky to try and make it to Wright Patterson AFB. So they did the operation here.I have a 10" long scare and still to this day I have weird feeling there, and suffer from IBS, and constapation.I got my C- file and ran across this and was thinking if I could file a claim on it.

Thanks to all

mrstix Msgt USAF 25 years Retired

70% SC

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

interesting post.may i hang on and reply with my experience?

i was being treated for chemical burns and the docs in germany found what they said was a lump on my right shoulder and it needed to be removed.so they cut me open and dug around for an eternity.sewed me back up and my medical records read"unable to find cyst "

it was there when they shot me up with the anethstetic........so now i have a big scar and the worry that somewhere in my body is a lump that moves at will.......do i suspect a movie plot here or a claim??

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

they would laugh me out of the room for that one!!

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you received treatment for the condition since the service? If a doctor will say that the IBS and other conditions were caused or aggravated by the surgery, and you can show a history of treatment along with current diagnosis it might be a good claim. It has been almost 20 years since your treatments in the military. You have to show a nexus between that disease or injury and current conditions. You can get something for the scar, but the other conditions you need to show a nexus. When was the last time you were treated or examined for the "weird feelings in your gut"?