Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fit To Be Tied

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have had a claim increase in since April 07 and made adjustments and refiled in Feb 08 per the instructions of my new VSO. Everything was going along fine and then when I had not heard anything from anybody I called the VSO office and got a recording telling me he is gone! Well I then sent a Iris to the VA asking what was the status of my claim? They sent me back an answer that they were waiting for the QTC exam of April 17th and also the files from the DCVAMC for 2000-2004! My claim for increase was dated 4/2007! Why do they need records from 2000-2004!!!

I went by the VAMC today FOIO and the nice lady told me all the information had been sent to the VA in answer to their first request. I got a copy for them anyhow and when I got back to my computer emailed them telling them I had the papers they needed and would be sending them out today. The VA went on to tell me that is fine BUT I should not use the Iris as a forum to email back and forth communication I should use my POA! WEll that would be nice but ain't nobody home there!

This is just getting to be really stupid and sometimes like I said above makes me wonder if ANYBODY IS HOME!

I am seriously thinging of take the trip to the RO and ask to speak to the head lunatic?!

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated and I will not use your should I have to something unthinkable!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You're fine...just don't bombard them with IRIS's...that pisses them off. They need the records because they are the VA (common sense does not apply), and it is standard procedure. I would send them the records certified/RRR, and call them in about 2 weeks to verify that they received and entered them. Then, about a week later, send in a COMPLAINT IRIS asking "for a feasible explanation why it has taken 18 months for one simple claim, which still does not have a resolution."

90%, TDIU P&T

If the SO is "gone" they should have by now acquired a rep who is handling what he had pending.

I had switched to a different rep in 2006 when I found the first rep had lied to his boss abput my claim-

Last year this different rep-who fully comprehended my AO claim- retired and when I called for another rep-the original one I had answered the phone and said he was only rep there and had told his boss he wanted a transfer or would quit in 3 weeks-

so he couldnt help me-of course he still works there-

you have every right to see if they have assigned your claim to a different rep.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Re: "I am seriously thinging of take the trip to the RO and ask to speak to the head lunatic?!"

That is what I ended up doing since the VA's correspondence was just making me more frustrated.

It was worth the trip; however, I live just and hour from the VARO.

Good luck,

Ron

If the SO is "gone" they should have by now acquired a rep who is handling what he had pending.

I had switched to a different rep in 2006 when I found the first rep had lied to his boss abput my claim-

Last year this different rep-who fully comprehended my AO claim- retired and when I called for another rep-the original one I had answered the phone and said he was only rep there and had told his boss he wanted a transfer or would quit in 3 weeks-

so he couldnt help me-of course he still works there-

you have every right to see if they have assigned your claim to a different rep.

They have asigned another county VSO as a temp I guess until they hire someone else. I am most concerned as to why they are asking for records from 2000-2004 when I did not start using the VA until 2005 and they have my private doc records from my initial claim in my c-file (which I have a copy of) I just don't get this stalling action at all!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Stilllhere, If you are able, go look at your c-file at the RO and get a copy. If your old VSO did not submit something, Then you can take it up with them. You can retaliate at the VSO level if they do not do what they promise to do.

Lesson here: Do not allow a Veterans Service officer to file a claim or submit documentation for you.

Always do it yourself and give them a copy. A VSO should only be able to check and inform you as to the current status of a claim.

I have seen too many Vets get the royal shaft dealing with them. They actually can cause you to lose a claim.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Stilllhere, If you are able, go look at your c-file at the RO and get a copy. If your old VSO did not submit something, Then you can take it up with them. You can retaliate at the VSO level if they do not do what they promise to do.

Lesson here: Do not allow a Veterans Service officer to file a claim or submit documentation for you.

Always do it yourself and give them a copy. A VSO should only be able to check and inform you as to the current status of a claim.

I have seen too many Vets get the royal shaft dealing with them. They actually can cause you to lose a claim.

I have a copy of my c-file and have been through it with a fine tooth comb and actually is one of the reasons I filed for one of my conditions.

Seems a temp VSO has been arranged with the county I may try and get into him next week. His assistant say if the VA does not send me a letter asking for new evidence or for anything I want to add then they have all they need. Any thoughts on why they would be asking for treatment records from 2000-2004 when I did not go to the VA at that time and this claim is has a date of April 07 on it?