Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Use Of Tape Recorder During C&p Exam

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

At some point in my claims process I got a copy of the precident about using a tape recorder during a C&P exam (please note - I am NOT talking about a claims hearing but only about a C&P exam). I have just uncovered that document and it can be found here:

http://www.va.gov/ogc/docs/1991/PREC_04-91.doc

I have two questions:

1. Where can you find VA precedent papers like these? Please post a link to a search engine or where on the VA site you can find them. I know in another thread Wings posted another precident on another topic so I'm hoping there's a place on the internet to search for them.

2. Does anyone know or know how to find out if there's been any precident since this 1991 ruling that ALLOWS the use of a tape recorder or other recording device during a C&P exam?

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since recording is forbidden always request a copy of your exam. That's what I did and found 3 blunt lies and now have sent in a complaint letter outlining this. There's a reason why the VA doesn't like examinations recorded and this is why. I imagine many vets never receive a copy of their examination and that's sad especially when there are errors that can have a negative impact on rating. Unless there corrected the rating board will go by everything in the examination unless you have another to counteract. Thanks, Sjd