Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Glasses

Rate this topic

Pete53

• HadIt.com Elder

July 2006 I got a eye checkup and issued a pair of glasses from Dallas VA. I have had vision problems ever since. Two weeks ago I went to a regular eye Doctor and was checked out. I thought that I was in bad shape but he told me everything was food and handed me a prescription for new glasses.

He also said I might have problems as my new glasses were much different.

I got new glasses thursday. My eyesight is 100's of time better. I can actually read writing on TV and now I upgraded my screen on computer to 1080 instead of 780 the biggest writing I could get before. Colors are more vivid and except that I am having a little eye strain getting used to it all is good.

My eyegalsses were so far off I could not read the E on top when they checked them in right eye.

I intend to let the VA in Dallas know. Even though I am happy with new prescription I intend to check it with my eye doc anyway.

For two years I have suffered due to someones incompetence and I resent it very much.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you can see better. Could this have made your problem worse?? i,e head aches, blurriness hard to focus?? I just picked up a Dell flat 22" its a monster running at 1280x769..Have to sit way back, way to much screen have to tint it just to read it.

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

Glad to hear you can see better Pete. I also got me some new glasses Friday also. It had been 7 years since I had my eyes checked. My eye balls sockets were very sore and my vision got pretty blurred over the last few years. I asked my family doctor last week if the vision loss could be from the medication I was taking or one of my conditions causing it. He said, go get your eyes checked first and then we will talk. Not knowing what the regs were on glasses through the VA, I went to Walmart and paid 300.00 for new lens in my frames. My eyes had gone south pretty bad in the last 7 years. The megadosage of steriods I have taken over the years has not probably not helped anything. What percent of disabilty do you have to be for glasses through the VA? May need to know this in the future. I also need a hearing aid according to a VA ENT. The VA ENT says I have a hearing loss and have had for many many years ago from acoustically trama, but I haven't convinced the VA yet and have the hearing claim pending agian. It has been denied 3 times. The young female C&P audiomologist reported my hearing loss was not from acoustical trauma. Private audiomolgist and VA ENT says it is. The RO has went with the C&P exam only so far.

• HadIt.com Elder

danang:

In Dallas 30% would cut it if your Doc wrote you a consult. They change the regs from time to time it used to be 50% or higher.

My prescription cost me 25 bucks using HMO and my glasses cost 99 bucks. I am happy that I did it.

Don't forget to talk to your Doc about the change. I doubt if its the meds.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use