Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Probally Give Up

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Called the 1800 number today and was told my descion was in the computer and did I want him to read it to me. I said sure Sinuistis went from 0 to 10 percent does not matter that I was seen in the VA clinic oer 6 times in the past year for sinuitis, Tension headaches secoundary to back denied not due to service. I thought that was what secondery condtions meant. Back stayed the same 10 percent received no C+P for back or headaches

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Jim Mac,

Stay motivated. One of my main issues is my back. They originally rated me 20% in 2000 and I ahve been fighting them since. I got an extra 10% (big nothing) at the BVA for neurological effects from it. Now I'm at the U.S. appeals court. Based on my symptoms and treatment my lawyer (free at U.S. appeals) says I should be either 60% or 40% ortho and 40% neurological. If you would like some angles let me know what your current back state is. Email me if you don't want to post here.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• HadIt.com Elder

Sleep apnea causes hypertension that in turn causes causes tension headaches.

If you have OSA, you most likely have hypertension.

How long have you had sleep apnea and how long did it go untreated.

Does your pulse race? Do you get short of breath? Do you sewat( A lot) with light activity?

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

1. What type of evidence did you submit for the three conditions?

2. Since you are currently not working, and you clearly meet the requirements for TDIU, why don't you file for that and SSDI?

3. With OSA, I am sure that you are chronically sleep deprived, which has probably led to a mood disorder, or some form of depression. Have you ever considered getting a diagnosis of such and filing a claim for it?

Rental Guy

All my evidence was from my treatment at the VAMC here in Hampton VA, I will return to work next week. Sure is depressing to know here in VA you have to fight for everything. Everything is in MY SMRS yet after the first go around all I was given was the 50 percent for sleep apena and 10 for gerd everthing else was disaproved I won my from Nods and DRos hearings. to get the rest of the stuff. Its been a 4 year battle. I figure I am a Piss test away from being unemployed (aircraft mech)

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Hi Jim Mac,

Stay motivated. One of my main issues is my back. They originally rated me 20% in 2000 and I ahve been fighting them since. I got an extra 10% (big nothing) at the BVA for neurological effects from it. Now I'm at the U.S. appeals court. Based on my symptoms and treatment my lawyer (free at U.S. appeals) says I should be either 60% or 40% ortho and 40% neurological. If you would like some angles let me know what your current back state is. Email me if you don't want to post here.

Lots of pain but I work thur I take percided 2 times per day

Jim

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Jim,

I work 40 hours a week myself for the most part. I take 4 OXYs a day. Three ativans a day for the panic attacks. The pain killers are one piece for getting a higher rating. Have you had any MRI's? Do you go to a pain clinic? Any leg or sciatica pain? How about physical therapy or surgeries? How far were you able to bend at your C&P exam?

A couple of things that help me get by are bio freeze and a hydroculator. Bio freeze is a cream that doesn’t have much of a smell and will numb out your back. I have good results with it and it’s not too expensive. The hydroculator you can get at any decent full service pharmacy. It’s basically a heating pack that traps water so you get moist heat. You keep it on the stove in a pan of water and heat it up when you need it. Wrap it in a towel and it place under your back.

USMC 1st Battalion 1st Marines 1st Marine Division 91-95

100% P&T

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."

George Washington

• HadIt.com Elder

Never give up you earned all benefits that are due.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.