Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Call Or No Call To Toll-free Number?

Rate this question

wyricklj

Question

Is their a way to get 86'd because you call once a week after they tell you you are in "Read for Decision" and they just sit on your claim---vindictive claims Rep's?

I called a Vet Rep at the Fresno, Ca Vet Hospital named Tony. Tony said not to call the toll-free number and he would not take a POA as he said the Vet Claim person will throw my claim in a stack and do nothing as he has seen the stack.

My claim was “read for decision” on June 18, 2008. I call each week or two weeks and get wait 30 days…then it is a 45 day wait…should be ready 60 days from June 18, 2008. Then I called the toll-free line on August 19, 2008 and she says wait 30 more days. How long does this take?

I have multiple issues, PTSD upgrade, sleep Apnea, Restless legs,…and I filed Dec. 31, 2008 but it is ready to go as it made the “read for Decison on June 18, 2008…and I wait. Anybody know if the toll-free calls to a telephone person makes a difference and the Claims Rep. is told how often I call? I have stopped calls or will because of what Tony said but I fear I have been placed in the 86 file for “whenever they want”.

Also, Tony said they sometimes hold claims appealed in a file and wait two years without ever sending them to Washington, D.C. That way it stagnants and you lose as you don’t really know what they do to an appeal claim? True or not?

WYRICKLJ US ARMY VIETNAM 67-68

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I suspect you will receive many replies to your question. My response is to read my signature line.

:D

Actually, I have called more frequently than what you indicated and haven't experienced being "86ed".

Good luck,

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me over 5 years and I would call the 800 number 3 or 4 times a week or sometimes every month or so or when I thought I got a good answer I would relax and wait a few more weeks.

I really don't think the number of times you call makes a real difference. If Veterans did not call what would they do?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

The 1-800# Baltimore,MD are very friendly. I was told my claims was at the rater and I will hear from the VA in Dec.08. She states :D :D that I got my increase. I have to wait until I see it in writing myself. Please wish me good luck. :lol: :P :o :( ;) :(

Edited by Maurice

DAV IU 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Maurice:

I wish you the best of luck.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Is their a way to get 86'd because you call once a week after they tell you you are in "Read for Decision" and they just sit on your claim---vindictive claims Rep's?

I called a Vet Rep at the Fresno, Ca Vet Hospital named Tony. Tony said not to call the toll-free number and he would not take a POA as he said the Vet Claim person will throw my claim in a stack and do nothing as he has seen the stack.

My claim was “read for decision” on June 18, 2008. I call each week or two weeks and get wait 30 days…then it is a 45 day wait…should be ready 60 days from June 18, 2008. Then I called the toll-free line on August 19, 2008 and she says wait 30 more days. How long does this take?

I have multiple issues, PTSD upgrade, sleep Apnea, Restless legs,…and I filed Dec. 31, 2008 but it is ready to go as it made the “read for Decison on June 18, 2008…and I wait. Anybody know if the toll-free calls to a telephone person makes a difference and the Claims Rep. is told how often I call? I have stopped calls or will because of what Tony said but I fear I have been placed in the 86 file for “whenever they want”.

Also, Tony said they sometimes hold claims appealed in a file and wait two years without ever sending them to Washington, D.C. That way it stagnants and you lose as you don’t really know what they do to an appeal claim? True or not?

NAW, they don't LABEL you. They just DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH YA! They will give you, if pressed, this week's answer, however. It's printed in long-hand, on the chalk-board at the head of the class, each Monday morning!

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph