VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Gives On Request For Info

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

on 31 july 08,i turned in a request for increase for ptsd i used my dav service org.i turned in a stressor letter,2 buddy letters,

picturesof the stressor,newspaper clippings, pictures of me actually there,diagnosis from my dr.,my service record showing i was there,my organization and time with unit, my records from va hospital for treatment,letters from employers,my divorce decrees, and a letter from my current wife.

today i received a request from the muskogee office requesting this stuff to prove my case.

what gives?is this standard practice to pretend they got nothing?

Edited by simple fly

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

What you received today was a VCAA notice. Even if you send the info in at the time of submission of the claim U.S. Law requires that the VA send you the VCAA. The VCAA is to help you to develop your claim and it has to tell you what you need to be successful - hence a request for stressor letter, buddy statements, etc........ Just comply with it and send them another copy if they want it or simply reply and inform them that you have already submitted evidence a, b, and c, therefore you have no other evidence to submit at this time.

Automated via computer. I received these letters every 2 months for over a year. Plus they kept sending the physicians the letters for their info too, after Drs sent it 3 times they called the VA as I gave them the direct extention, and the VA said they had all the copies they sent 3x, but was also computer generated to keep requesting this for a year. Thats why my file-folders are 3 ft high. Too many copies of the same info over and over...

Better to have more than not enough.

Edited by halos2

Simple fly. you don't need stressor because you are already service connected,what you need is medical evidence thet your disabilities have worsen.

mobie