Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closed Claim

Rate this question

Question

Has anyone ever had this happen, I talked to a V.A. counselor a clam on a bilateral on my ankles and he told me I all ready had the bilateral, which i did not have and I told him that and again he said I did, he told me I had it and he would close the clam on my ankles, at which I told him if I had the bilateral, he could close the clam. about a week later I got a letter from the V.A. saying I said they could close the clam and I did not want he bilateral which was wrong. i call the V.A. counselor and told them what had happened and she said there was nothing she could do, so I told her I was going to call my congressmen at which time she said she could reopen the clam, clam was never reopened.

I called V.A. counselor and they told me I had no clam on file I have 5, I called the American legion my rep, and he said my clams had been canceled and are not open at this time all though 3 week ago I got a appeal letter asking for more info on my clam. I have to go to little rock and talk to the V.A. counselor in the morning, in person and find out what is going on, just thought I would ask I anyone had any problems like this.

THANKS KEN

Edited by jbasser

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Instead of just talking to these VA clowns you need to put all your appeals in writing. They just wanted to close down your claim. Nothing they say verbally should be believed. They are notorious liars.

I did put my appeals in writing through the Veterans rep and i guess i pissed them off and they canceled them all

and thats why i'am going in person to talk to them to get it fixed.

Thanks for the replies.

Ken

Has anyone ever had this happen, I talked to a V.A. counselor a clam on a bilateral on my ankles and he told me I all ready had the bilateral, which i did not have and I told him that and again he said I did, he told me I had it and he would close the clam on my ankles, at which I told him if I had the bilateral, he could close the clam. about a week later I got a letter from the V.A. saying I said they could close the clam and I did not want he bilateral which was wrong. i call the V.A. counselor and told them what had happened and she said there was nothing she could do, so I told her I was going to call my congressmen at which time she said she could reopen the clam, clam was never reopened.

I called V.A. counselor and they told me I had no clam on file I have 5, I called the American legion my rep, and he said my clams had been canceled and are not open at this time all though 3 week ago I got a appeal letter asking for more info on my clam. I have to go to little rock and talk to the V.A. counselor in the morning, in person and find out what is going on, just thought I would ask I anyone had any problems like this.

THANKS KEN

Just a bit confusing but please let me ask a couple of questions:

When you received the letter from the VA "saying that you said they could close the claims" what actions did you take other than calling the VA rep? I would hope that you responded to the letter via written response telling them that you did not desire to close any claims. If you did then you may just have saved the claim in question. A non-written response will be taken as an agreement with their intentions.

Where in the world was you service officer during all of this crazy stuff? He should have receive a copy of the VA's letter at which time he should have been in contact with you trying to find out what the hell was going on. My follow-on question here is HAVE YOU FIRED HIM YET? If not I would do so NOW and look for another service officer or better yet go it alone!!!!!!!!

It is kind of hard to tell what is going on with your file as we do not have the luxury of being able to review it. However, I would travel to the VARO and try to un-cluster this thing fast. Remember you always have to be careful when dealing with any of the hired help. As in this case they can and will take an off the wall statement and use it to their benefit - and if a veteran does not know how to protect themselves, ie....putting a response in writing, or does not have a SO who can read, write and speak VA then the vet gets screwed in the end.

At any rate push, push and push to get your claims back on track - if they did withdraw your claim try to get it re-established or somehow re-opened - then look to Hadit for assistance. A good start would be to scan and post this letter they sent you about withdrawing your claims - maybe some where in between the lines they left a hole open and some of the experts on this site can help you find it and call foul on them. Good luck

You said you ticked off your POA-

Did they formally revoke the POA? If not they are still bound by the POA to give you some help here-

if a vet gets lousy service from a NSO or vet rep- and they do not complaint to the reps higher ups- they are enabling the rep to screw up someone elses claim-maybe to even make it a lifestyle -to do lousy claims work-

is there any possibility however that the rep could be right?

what is your SC for?

Ken,

What I'D do is this: go to your VARO and give up a signed statement revoking your power of attorney from this bad VSO and thier org.

Next, in the same breath, I'd also give the VARO in writing a copy of their letter to you and your reply stating you have not dropped any claims and for them to proceed, business as usual with your claim!!

Sounds like you may need to see a better vso.

Hope this helps.

Whoop