VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Physician Gender

Rate this question

shmojo

Question

I hear that women assigned to a male doctor can get changed to a female doc if they want. Does it work the other way around? If I (a guy) have been assigned to a female doctor as my primary physican at the VA hospital, and would feel more comfortable/prefer a male doctor..is there a rule/reg/letter..whatever that I can cite?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

For me there are just some things I will not see a female doctor for. I also do not like to undress for a female doctor. After 35 years of marrage to the same girl, somehow undressing in front of any other female just doesn't seem right. I am not convinced that females or males for that matter make better doctors. I must admit I was in the ER once, and I did drop my drawers for a female doctor, but when its 3 AM and you have a problem down younder, you don't care who is looking at the real estate....as for my primare care doctor, its always going to be a male. My eye doctor, and pulmonary doctors are females.

• In Memoriam

My doctor was giving we the prostate exam. After she pulled her finger out I turned around real slow, and I told her that in "Arkansas that means we are married". I started laughing after about 5 seconds and then she started cracking up.

You couldn't pull this kind of joke on a male doctor.