VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reserve/guard Retirement

TSGhill

First off is your a is the reserves or national guard, you want to do a DA 1506 (State of Service). You want to include all your AT's any time you went on ADT (all federal time for the NG's). I had a guy from the Vermont NG picked up 3.5 years and now has just under 16 yrs of Active Duty. If he is medicall retired, his retirement will be based off his active duty (with years of service for longevity). He will receive it like normal 20 yr retire since he will be a Ch 61 retiree. He will not have to wait until 60 to receive his money. I deal with this every day. I work at Walter Reed for the Army's Wounded Warrior Program (AW2). Most of the information on this fourm is wrong.

If you're applying for a VA pension, it is an income and needs based program. It only pays a little under $12,000 in TOTAL income. That means if your receiving $10,000 from the Army and Social Security, the DVA will only pay $2,000.

Compensation is entirely different. If you wish to know more about concurrent receipt (CRDP) and CRSC, email me.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic