Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Yellow Envelope

Rate this topic

KamiKappa B

GREAT Kappa -whip the SSA award off to them- I assume it for same SCed conditions- and send them signed authorization forms so they get the SSA records right away.

I Strongly suggest that you file for a Reconsideration and tell them of the SSA award.

Mark your calendar-this type of request (which your rep should definitely support) will not stop the year filing date of the NOD- it could just possibly make the TDIU go faster.

You did formally send them the 21-8940 form right?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i did send them the form. And yes, the SSA award letter was for SC'd issues ONLY. I'll just do up another form to take with me to the DAV on Monday, and have multiple copies of my SSA award letter to submit to them every month or so. I'm not gonna let these guys play this game with me. I'll try to be more proactive than reactive. Thanks guys! Don't know where I'd be without you.

Kappa

Great News Kappa!!!!

I received my Envelope on Saturday with an increase to 70%~~~ Filled out the 21-8940 (following the advice of my Government Teacher, Friend, and FORMER Rater, board member for the VA) and mailed it Yesterday...

Appeal & Fight!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use