Got The Yellow Envelope

Rate this topic

KamiKappa B

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I went through the same deal. I got 70% and was denied TDIU. I had to get another IMO to get the TDIU. What was their reason for denial of TDIU?

Basically it says that the TDIU was denied because I have been unable to show that I cannot work due to my SC'd disabilities. I guess that means the VA's telling SS that they don't know what they're doing since SS approved me.

Kappa

• HadIt.com Elder

I had to send them my SSDI "award letter" along with the SSA's medical exam copies. I had to underline the diagnosis (it was for the very same thing, and only the same thing, that I was Service Connected for (at 20%, originally)).

I had to send them this SSDI information FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES......and, yes, I CHECKED MY C-FILE, and ALL four copies of my SSDI stuff was in there, FOUR different copies, FOUR different times.

They finally showed my SSDI award as "evidence considered" on my last "award letter", the one for 100%.

I feel that if they had "wished" to consider my SSDI the FIRST TIME I SENT IT TO THEM, five years ago, that I would have been approved for TDIU---------FIVE YEARS AGO!

SO, if they DID NOT mention the fact that you are "approved" by the SSA for SSDI......then that indicates to me that they (the VA) KNOW that you are 100%.....but that they (the VA) just wants to f*ck around with you for a few years.....just to see how many TIMES you'll keep sending in copies of your SSA "award".........before they (the VA) has to finally accept it.

Got the yellow envelope today:

Lumbar sprain with scoliosis: 10% increased to 20%

PTSD: 30% increased to 50%

Bilateral inguinal lymphadenopathy: 0% no increase

Bilateral pes planus: 10% no increase

Sinusitis/allergic rhinitis, with conjunctivitis and headaches: 10% no increase

Went from 50% to 70%. TDIU was denied. The fight's not over yet. Going to DAV next week to appeal, it was like they ignored my SSD.

Big thanks to hadit and all your help and support. You all were there for me to keep me going after daily disappointing trips to the mailbox and frustrating calls to the 800 # where 90% of the time the person there is just feeding you b.s.

Just stay in prayer and stay on top of the VA. It may not happen when you want to, but it will come just in time.

We are keeping you in our prayers.................It's a long hard road but you will get there!

God Bless You!

Your Vet Friend,

Jim

God bless,

Kappa

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use