VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Old And In The Way

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

this is just how I feel.

OLD AND IN THE WAY -- As the "new vets" from Iraq and Afghanistan, just 2% of the veteran population, are given

priority at the VA, the other 98% find themselves pushed to

the rear of the line, now the forgotten of previous conflicts.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfAPR08/nf042808-1.htm

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

A vet is a vet. Except to the VA. I've seen at the Dayton VA signs up for seminars or sessions on topics I'd like to attend but it says they are only for OIF/OEF vets. What??? I think next time I see one that I want to attend......I'm going. What are they going to do, kick me out? Is there a special OIF/OEF ID card?

The new OIF/OEF center that they built (in record time) in the Dayton VAMC is always empty...yet it has all the new stuff and its own staff, I think one day I'll go in there just to see what all is in there.

Any why is the VA allowing active duty personnel to use VA facilities??? Isn't that what the military bases are for??? Plus an active duty person can use a civilian facility if no base is around and have it paid for by the military.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• HadIt.com Elder

When I call the VAMC I get a Hell-o that starts with "Welcome home OIF/OEF combat vets". This galls me since the VA never welcomed home the Vietnam vets. Now they just wish we would crawl off and die to ease the budget.