Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attention All Hadit Members

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Due to the present state of the VA regional offices and the ShredderGate issue. I advise each and every one of you to strongly heed Pete53's advice and request a copy of the C File.

It does not matter if your claim is decided and your on cruise control or a Newbie starting out.

Get a Copy.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete and Jbasser,

Would you advise requesting your C-File while one has an active claim or appeal? I have been reluctant to request mine because I don't want things screwed up anymore than they are now.

Ron

Ron, go ahead and request it. You never know what your situation is with the VA until you get a copy. Many cue claims have been filed and won just because someone got a copy of their file.

It does not matter what phase of the process you are in.

GuaymasJim I posted the corect form for all to see. Thanks for catching it.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

At the VARO Phoenix, it takes a minimum of six months to get a copy of your C-file. According to the young man doing the copying, he will not even begin the task until he gets a second request, a Congressional request, and/or an IRIS complaint.

j

GuaymasJim, this is what I had to do and recommend it. I waited and requested twice once I wrote my Congressman "The Congressional request" I had it in three weeks once it worked it way back to the VARO. VARO called and said it was ready for pick up...It came pretty fast... after writing request after request. I wrote and suggested that the VARO was holding my c-file so that I may not be able to properly defend my claim and had it as fast as they could print it.........I think it was a good idea to post this forum pete53 has it in his signature but the importance of it is immeasurable, I learned lots of thing I didn't know you'll find memos the VARO use to correspond with one another and you can find miscommunications to were evidence listed in your denial but was lost from your c-file(HUMMM). I'd have to say it is the next important thing to filling a claim properly and knowing what to fight your claim with............

I think the other thing that needs to be mentioned is the way you request your file because you may not receive everything you need if you don't request your entire file i.e service medical, mental health records evidence turned in, I have seen where others have only received parts of the c-file and had to pay for another copy and you think your waiting now wew......

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• HadIt.com Elder
Pete and Jbasser,

Would you advise requesting your C-File while one has an active claim or appeal? I have been reluctant to request mine because I don't want things screwed up anymore than they are now.

Ron

With an active claim I recommend going to the VARO and reviewing your C File with a VA Counselor in order not to cause any additional waiting that is not necessary. If you can't do that than wait till your claim is finished and ask for a complete and full copy.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

With an active claim I recommend going to the VARO and reviewing your C File with a VA Counselor in order not to cause any additional waiting that is not necessary. If you can't do that than wait till your claim is finished and ask for a complete and full copy.

Thank you...

Ron

I asked about that, and was told it won't make any difference. They're still gonna pull it from it's place at the raters for you to review it. What makes you think they'll put it right back in the same place???

• HadIt.com Elder

Its in a file cabinet except when they work on it is why.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.