VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You All Even Get A Live Person On The 1-800 #

Rate this question

AnonyMousVet

Question

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ron II,

I use your suggestion all the time. For me getting to talk to someone is not the problem. The problem is getting someone at the local regional office to answer the phone. I always get someone on the east or west coast but never in Texas.

Ron II,

I use your suggestion all the time. For me getting to talk to someone is not the problem. The problem is getting someone at the local regional office to answer the phone. I always get someone on the east or west coast but never in Texas.

Hi,

I've heard of other folks having that problem. I guess it has to do with the volume of calls in a certain area. However, in my case, since I am calling only about claims, the folks out of state can read the available computer screens just as well as the people at the VARO. I have yet to experience someone from my VARO getting up from his/her desk and pulling my C-File (during a telephone call).

Take care...

Ron

Tuff one. How to get a live VA body on the phone?? If the VARO just had: "leave your name and number, we'll call you back." You will certainly die of old age waiting. Another idea: fax/email the local VARO with this statement, "I've been overpaid $_______., and I would like to return this money to the VA." Your phone will ring off the hook!! Just kidding. I recently used email thru the VA web page with a question on status of pending DRO review. VA response said it would take up to 5(business) days to reply. Received VARO response in 6 days. I thought I would try email as I am sick of all the robotic instruction by telephone. Then of course after 5 minutes of responding to the robot's instruction,....the inadvertent (intentional??) disconnect by phone happens. Frustrated? Sometimes. Pessimist? Often. Give up? Never!!

Tuff one. How to get a live VA body on the phone?? If the VARO just had: "leave your name and number, we'll call you back." You will certainly die of old age waiting. Another idea: fax/email the local VARO with this statement, "I've been overpaid $_______., and I would like to return this money to the VA." Your phone will ring off the hook!! Just kidding. I recently used email thru the VA web page with a question on status of pending DRO review. VA response said it would take up to 5(business) days to reply. Received VARO response in 6 days. I thought I would try email as I am sick of all the robotic instruction by telephone. Then of course after 5 minutes of responding to the robot's instruction,....the inadvertent (intentional??) disconnect by phone happens. Frustrated? Sometimes. Pessimist? Often. Give up? Never!!

DIAL 1 800 827 1000 THEN PRESS 1 WAIT A SECOND PRESS 2 WAIT A SECOND THEN PRESS 3 WAIT A SECOND THEN PRESS 0

AND THEY WILL TELL YOU HAVE TO WAIT USUALLY 2 MIN THEN A LIVE VA PERSON WILL COME ON HOPE THIS HELPS

If you tell me which VARO I might have their director's and VCSMs phone number and fax number.

If you are dealing with the NY VARO- 4 of their higher ups (to include their director) have just been put on administrative leave over the shreddergate problems the VA OIG found there so I guess the NYRO numbers I have won't get them on the phone.

Also as you all know recently a VBA employee from this RO stated ,during a NYSDVA training seminar at one of the National Guard Centers in NY that 20,000 pieces of mail are sitting in the mail room of this VARO unaccounted for.

I have phone and fax numbers for direct contact with all VA directors and VSCMs but looks like many of them should be concerned abput their jobs - the numbers might still work-I just dont know who will be answering the phone.

Service org heads have been called to VA in DC for a meeting this friday to discuss the latest VA fiasco which has probably affected and caused erroneous denials to thousands and thousands of veterans and widows.

The reps know who those vets and widows are- they have their SOCs in their POA claims folders.