VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating In 100% Good Ridance Tdiu

Rate this topic

grent

My rating is i have been awarded 100% schedular

no more tdiu have you worked at all this year forms

according to dav i can go to work and keep my 2 500

dav told me to look at job with fed gov if they dont hire me they can be sued under sec 405 rehab act

and vets with disablities act

i let ya know about voc rehab and a masters degree i have a bs degree already

thanks to all had it and the encouraging words it gave me hope after fighting 3 years with va

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a question on our ballot here in NY- to give veterans extra civil service hiring preference even if they dont have a SC disability but are disabled by service.

Say what?

The reality is many vets who want civil service preference and deserve it-as they do have SC disabilities, might be of retirement age before the VA properly adjudicates their claim as service connected disabled.

I'd still be concerned about your 100% scheduler. My brother was 100% from the get go and during the time he was at school, but as soon as he went to work as a teacher, he was lowered to 90% percent and then to 80% after he had been teaching for awhile. Now that he is retired, he is back to 100%. I don't know the particulars in his case, other than he extensive damage to one leg, missing muscle, nerve damage, drop foot needing abrace, back issues, hearing loss, tinnitis, secondary knee problems in other leg, glaucoma due to trauma, Sleep apnea. There is a few more I can't remember, but like I said, I wouldn't take anyones word that they won't lower your 100% should you go back to work, your still subjuect to exams even if they say no more exams are scheduled.

Otherwise, congratulations on the 100% Hope the VA lets you keep it.

Rockhound Rider :(

I also question the veteran's preference statute. I have been interviewed several times. Have a Masters degree and at the time was rated 40 percent. I was intervewied by the VA six times, but not hired. I questioned whether they accessed the databse to view my rating decision. I was told they could not, but this was the BVA and the Rating Teams so how they could not have access is beyond me. I was told I interviewed well, and I got there early and talked with the other applicants and learned none had a college degree or legal experience. I just dont know what the majic answer is to get hired in the Washington DC metro area....

• HadIt.com Elder

It is not set in stone that a Veteran is guaranteed a job with the FED. OPM has Veteran guidelines that give Veterans preference but the agency still can select whoever they want.

I have seen Vets passed over for the Buddy system. ( Someones child or relationhips)

You can complain to the cows come home but in the end they do what they want.

Concerning degrees, A lot of folks have degrees on this site. We have some with Masters, one graduated in 07 from American Military University.

I am happy we have this diverse group of educated folks to assist the membership in the claims process. We can see it in the way they present their replies on this board. Some members are very well spoken and their literary skills are superb.

Keep up the good work and may the success stories forum be overloaded with heartwarming tales of lives being enhanced and the daily pain and suffering be eased, and to allow us to cherish the victory.

J

Edited by jbasser

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use