Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P Exams

Rate this question

matt

Question

Hello All,

I am new here. i have looked as much as possible and the info on this site is incredible. I just wonder what vets did before the internet. I recently was forced to retire from the national guard due to PTSD, back and knee injuries. Let me start by telling you all that I have 21 years of service gulf war vet USMC(0311) and then 13A int he national guard. Filed with my VSO, last April, for PTSD, Hearing, Back and Knees. Did not hear anything until last week when i had my first Cp exam for my hearing. the Dr. said I definately had a hearing imparement, and qualify for va benefits. Saw my VSo yesterday who told me to wait for everything to come back. I am currently still working due to the fact that I have small children in daycare and I did see the other post relating to a few others in that same boat(daycare is a killer). i am having severe problems at my current job due to the fact that I have no long term memory I feel like I am in a daze all day and have semi flashbacks. the VA drugs don't work been on 4 of them so far. i just hope all my CP exams are completed pretty fast as I cannot afford to stop working but feel that I will be termintated due to job performance. any thoughts? thanks again

Matt

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Glad you found this site, Matt. As John 9999 said tylenol does a major job on the liver. Did you file for tinnitis(ringing in the ears)? Usually along with war, combat loud explosions can result in damage to the inner ear, thus causing hearing loss, and may also result in ringing in the ears. File for it if you have it, and if you haven't filed for it yet.

Gents thanks for the Info regarding Meds. Well the back issue I also bulging disks seems to be getting worse. I hate to just sit like a lump on a log, due to the fact that i do not want to be a crippled 40 year old. So i just plug away day after day.

I first saw my VSO last october filed for these claims in April and just had my first cp exam last week for the hearing. i am getting kinda antzy, due to the fact of the time delay. i was told to expect 6 months but this is starting to get out of control. I know it will be worth it int he end. but I have started to expereince flashes or objects when driving and in my day to day life, that just isn't right. I hate to think that I am getting crazy, but I might just be getting worse, It is hard to talk about this with my wife ans she just kinda half heartidly tries to understand. This past AT I was observed freaking out when walking the gun line of a 155mm btry and at that time my BN CMDR basically released me. The paerwork i received back stated I had a choice to leave the army, retire and be transfered tot he retired reserve or fight the order, due to PTSD, back issues and Knee Issues. My VSO told me that was good, but we shall see. I have recently been bounced around at my job, to a further location, so good knows how long I will have this one. I just can't afford to lose the job prior to a VA decision on my case.