Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Letter Today.....not Sure What To Make Of It.....

Rate this question

joeyjoeyb

Question

It is from my AMVETS Rep and basically it says that my recent VA decision on my claim is in and he has reviewed it and agrees with the decision the VA made. Says no need to contact him until I receive a copy of the VA Rating Decision. 2 Questions

1. This cannot be good if he did not even let me know if it is good news or bad?

2. How long does it take to get the real decision? The letter is dated 6 Nov 2008 from him.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Wow. First.....what a jerk of a rep for not telling you what the decision was (good or bad). Get on the phone to that rep first thing in the morning and find out!!!!!

Second...hard telling how long before you receive the real letter from the VA.....but I would think it shouldn't be too long.

I'd fire the rep. But that's just me.....I'm all for vets filing their own claims and cutting out the middleman.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that is says "no need to contact me until you receive the decisioin. I mean....why even send that letter in the first place. To tell me you agree with the decision? Kind of a waste of time if you ask me. All that does is get the veteran thinking the worst when you have no idea. How about..not send that letter at all?

• HadIt.com Elder

.........how about call the veteran and let 'em know.....talk to the veteran....if it's bad news....maybe the vet would need someone to talk to.....if it's good news....share the joy....

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Joey,i am very sorry to see a AMVETS REP act that way,get rid or him and get a new one.Trying to answer your question.The rater past the decision to the REP and the post determination when the decision is made,my guess would be that you should get an official letter, in about Three weeks or more.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

Joey, your rep is a real turd, for leaving you hanging like that. But at least he contacted you. I used the state reps at Miami VA and I never heard one word from them the ten months it took on my claim. I thought they were there just to forward you evidence to VARO. Never knew they were supposed to keep me infomed. After I filed a NOD, I handed the ball to my Atty.. The reps served there purpose for me initially on submitting paper work only. I dont see how they could of done much more with all the vets they were seeing each day and they worked for the state vets..Not a lot of ambition there.

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

Call him the guy is an idiot. What was his feelings about the initial submission of the claim? Did he support it or did he tell you the claim was a no-go. His initial feelings should give you some indication as to what type of rating he agreed with.

Bottom line is he is a dummy for doing what he did and should be slapped - make him wish he had had a V-8!!!!!! :rolleyes: