Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this topic

DMW

Ya' know, when I spoke with the VA rep early on in my claim we kind of discussed a VSO, and I explained that I had so much stuff it would probably overwhelm somebody. He looked at my SMR and agreed, and then told me to highlight and seperate, if possible, each diagnosis, and treatment for injuries, and why it was service connected. So when I submitted my duty to assist letter, I had a large folder, tabbed with all seperate medical condition in each tab, highlighted every diagnosis or mention of previous treatments, and expected outcomes. Got 3 seperate doctors to write their opinion of my condition improving or not and asked them to fax it straight to the RO without my seeing it.

Prayer and preparation.

Thank you, there is much advice I got from here that was good.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

DMW, Congratulations and thank you for your service.

Mind if I ask? Did you get info for winning your SSDI or IU from Hadit here? If so what was the 'kicker' if any?

Truthfully, I wouldnt be hanging in here without Hadit and may have spent some 'inside' time without having a light at the end of the tunnel hope I got here. My husband and kiddos are ever grateful.

Feel free to contribute anything that you did different than suggested or other advice.

You are an inspiration; sure sounds like that VA rep you had shared valuable insights as well!

Best to ya,

Cg

1 shot 1 kill. Initial claim awarded 100& TDIU, permanent in nature, CH. 35 benefits, to go along with my retirement benefits. SSSSWEEEEEET!

No VSO, no congressman, claim completed in less than six months, not BDD, just a pre-seperation. Called the 800# repeatedly, sent an IRIS every week, got the fax # to the RO and used it often, only sent 1 package certified, about 6 regular mail. Had every condition I requested to be looked at, and they even added some in based on SMR that I did not request anything on. No mention of further exams ever. Doesn't seem as difficult as a lot of people make it out to be.

They did mention my SSDI paperwork as a factor in awarding IU.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

DMW, Congratulations and thank you for your service.

Mind if I ask? Did you get info for winning your SSDI or IU from Hadit here? If so what was the 'kicker' if any?

Truthfully, I wouldnt be hanging in here without Hadit and may have spent some 'inside' time without having a light at the end of the tunnel hope I got here. My husband and kiddos are ever grateful.

Feel free to contribute anything that you did different than suggested or other advice.

You are an inspiration; sure sounds like that VA rep you had shared valuable insights as well!

Best to ya,

Cg

Ya' know, I used a lot of resources. I read some about claims here, I read some on the PEB forum, Veterans benefit network and other places. When I began to put my documents together I caled the 800# and asked 1 of the Reps how is it easiest for them to review. They told meexactly what I did. Tab the info, highlight the diagnosis and treatment, put SSN# on every page, do not include studies or articles, just the facts. Some of the things I did opposite of what I read. I faxed info. Mailed info. with no receipt, called the 800# constantly, sent IRIS every week. You know, kind of pestered.

SSDI was kind of the same deal. I read the SSDI site, how to put together a claim, called and asked SSA reps, reviewed a couple of sites, overloaded them with info. Bang!

I hope I can share some info. with others here to help them.

Ya' know, I used a lot of resources. I read some about claims here, I read some on the PEB forum, Veterans benefit network and other places. When I began to put my documents together I caled the 800# and asked 1 of the Reps how is it easiest for them to review. They told meexactly what I did. Tab the info, highlight the diagnosis and treatment, put SSN# on every page, do not include studies or articles, just the facts. Some of the things I did opposite of what I read. I faxed info. Mailed info. with no receipt, called the 800# constantly, sent IRIS every week. You know, kind of pestered.

SSDI was kind of the same deal. I read the SSDI site, how to put together a claim, called and asked SSA reps, reviewed a couple of sites, overloaded them with info. Bang!

I hope I can share some info. with others here to help them.

Congratulations to you and thanks for your service.

In my opinion, you obviously got a VA rep at on the 1-800 # as well as a rating official who really want to do the "right thing" with helping Vets.

Don't be so "quick" to say the process is easier than what other say or believe. Every other Vet did not have the experience as you because all 800 # operators are not as friendly and helpful. As well, all rating officials are not "pro Vets" or we would not be going through "shreddergate" right now.

Again, you did well and I'm glad for you! :lol:

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use