VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Video Conference Offer

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

I was sent a video conference hearing schedule date on Feb 15. Recently Radiologist rescheduled the follow up on my back diagnosis for a date past the date of this conference. I also have an outside psychologist working with me for PTSD, but he has not acquired enough evidence for full diagnosis.

Could this be a VA attempt to deny?

Does anyone know about this video conference and how they work? That is how a decision is made from this conference, and does this conference conclude that no more evidence may be submitted?

One more question. How does the video conference work? Do they ask question or do you tell your story as it happened with evidence?

Edited by Stretch

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can still submit additional evidence after the video conference. Or you can ask for another date. I was always concerned about missing a hearing date.

You can still submit additional evidence after the video conference. Or you can ask for another date. I was always concerned about missing a hearing date.

Mike-I just got your email- did they say it would be scheduled BY Feb 15th or is that date of the conference?

Reason I ask- vets waiting for BVA traveling hearings here in NY are putting years into this wait-

This two links from 21-1 are about hearings and video conferences-

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:pm60w...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

and video conferences- you have to scroll down a ways---

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:pm60w...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

These types of conferences can be very effective-

as long as the vet can wait it all out---(the waiting list for traveling BVA is very long here in NY -some probably wait for years)-by continuing to send them evidence-anything at all to support your claims-they could cave in at any time and make an award.

Mike,

Any chance the Radiologist is with a group of others ? Perhaps an associate could see you for re-evaluation at an earlier date. Also, maybe if the Radiologist is aware of your situation, might get you in there as you really need this help.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

carlie

Stretch, CAll the radiologist up and explain the situation. ALso ask him to proritize your appointment. Next best thing to do is ask him to place you in a cancellation spot as someone always cancels appts. Keep a cell phone on you at all times and let them call you.

• In Memoriam

Berta----Yes, I was scheduled for Feb. 15 2006. I just got my SSOC and they are only giving me 1 month for the video conference. Guess, it is better than waiting 2 years. I was told that I would have to wait 6 months to 1 year for the traveling board hearing from the VA.

The Arkansas NSO, told me that at this point it would take 5 to 10 years (he may be wrong).

Carlie----I had a Radiologist appointment for this week. He has rescheduled me for next month. I will call them, and see what they can do.

Jstacy----I will call and try to get a cancellation at Radiology, if possible.---Thanks

Pete53----I have heard that they do not make a decision right after the video conference.

8-2005 VA Radiologist report says definite back injury that is post traumatic. He even added more vertebrae, that were injured, than I knew about within his report. Nexus to Sept. 1969 might be a problem. Radiologist said that they were no current signs of recent or new injury.

12-2005 Another VA Radiologist said that I had extra bone in my back, but he did find muscle atrophy in my left foot and leg. He would bang on my leg and my foot would only slightly move after a short time. After the initial visit I gave the nurse picture of before and after service. I ask her to give this booklet to the doctor. Somebody, at Hadit, mentioned giving evidence of record to the doctor after the exam. Shoulders were straight before service no scoliosis. During and after service injury about 12 degree tilt similar to scoliosis. VA made an MRI of my back after CT and X-Rays. The VA Radiologist got the MRI and my pictures then he rescheduled the appointment.

I am going to SSD outside Psych for the PTSD again tomorrow, and he may be able to make diagnosis with nexus soon. VA gave me GAF 43, consistent for 1 1/2 years, and I am attending the special topics classes, prozac, etc.

I have to get this all together pretty quick, because the VA letter needs reply with in 15 days of 1/12/06. I feel that if the VA did elimate any evidence, which I have record of sending, that I will not be able to hand it to the BVA, on the spot at the video conference.

• HadIt.com Elder

5 to 10 years for a BVA Hearing??? I think that is way too long. I think it is more like 2 years. I think the NSO just wants you to hurry up and get the claim off his desk. If you don't have much new evidence then a quick video hearing is good.