Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many Days Does The Va Have To Set Up A C&p After You Submit A Claim

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

I submitted a claim for my lower back after being diagnoised with scoliosis, that was mid october i even called in November to see if i was getting a C&P, well now i get a letter from the VA saying will see mid Dec,...this is such bullsh*t i've had a claim pending since May 2008, my frustration with the VA is now getting to that point. I now see what some of you older Vets mean by "they'll screw u if they can". And i would not even want to know what was done before computers.....sweet christ that must have been a mess. I know some of you have waited so much longer i just hate being jerked around. I do all the leg work even double check things, only for the VA to blow smoke.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"the VA is supposed to have you set for a C&P within 30 days of when the claim gets to the RO. it used to be 60."

HEEE - HEEE, HAR DE HAR DE HAR!

oh man, I'm sittin' here....the cat just jumped up off my lap and RAN!

I haven't laughed so hard since my first wife threatened to "cut me off"!!

It took 'em FOUR years for my first C&P! FOUR years after I filed my claim......uh-huh!

I filed.

They denied.

I NOD'd.

They DRO'd and denied.

I appealed.

They BVA'd.

They AMC'd.

They REMANDED to RO and SUGGESTED to the RO that I might need a C&P!

6 months after that, I got a C&P.

SPEEEEED OF LIGHT, I TELL YA!

WHY, they did it SOOOOO FAST I got a crick in my neck trying to follow it!

or maybe I got soooo old waitin' that my neck just atrophied in place......

think I oughta file a claim on my neck????

somethin' about AGGRAVATION......

U got me really cracking up with laughter my side hurts about that neck claim Larry... ;) :o :(

• HadIt.com Elder

Devils advocate- how did your diagnose of scoliosis come about? Congenital or traumatic? If congenital you must prove that you you somehow injured a pre-existing disorder otherwise its a complete denial.

***your qoute- "i would not even want to know what was done before computers.....sweet christ that must have been a mess".

HAHAHAHA- time travel to 2030 and MAYBE the VBA will have computers augmented into the claims process- maybe (?) (?).

• HadIt.com Elder

devil's advocate to the devil's advocate ;) How can it be pre-existing if it is a new diagnosis, and it was not found on a military induction exam? VA can say something to the effect that it was there and just not found, but in the absence of proof, it would not stand on appeal.

I agree wholeheartedly that this troop needs a nexus relating the scoliosis to his military service, though. One that states traumatic would be preferable.

if your a gwot vet your claim is to be expedited, so that is wrong i know that much about afgan/iraq vets. So from 2007 of Dec a year later going on 13months is unsat.

octdevildog,

gwot claims are expedited -- The Original Claim - not all Claims, NOD's

and Appeals thereafter.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

To my fellow devil's advocate- my point exactly, you must examine your own claims for the potential pitfalls that may lay-in-wait for you. Start thinking like the VA when previewing your claim for final submitting. You got to pretend that you got two minutes to decide one way or the other and generally follow the path of least resistance.