Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many Days Does The Va Have To Set Up A C&p After You Submit A Claim

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

I submitted a claim for my lower back after being diagnoised with scoliosis, that was mid october i even called in November to see if i was getting a C&P, well now i get a letter from the VA saying will see mid Dec,...this is such bullsh*t i've had a claim pending since May 2008, my frustration with the VA is now getting to that point. I now see what some of you older Vets mean by "they'll screw u if they can". And i would not even want to know what was done before computers.....sweet christ that must have been a mess. I know some of you have waited so much longer i just hate being jerked around. I do all the leg work even double check things, only for the VA to blow smoke.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

who says they "must" give you a C&P.

I was denied twice for Lumbar DDD without a C&P. I had a current diagnoses, an inservice occurance and a nexus letter from my chiro. After the second denial I dropped 2K on Dr. Bash, submitted my IMO, withdrew my NOD and in 60 days had service connection rated at 20% without a C&P.

As Berta always says. It's the medical evidence that wins claims. The VA is supposed to help you develop your claim, with the C&P being part of that process, but they don't.

I hope you have considered and/or gotten an IMO by now on your condition. Don't leave it entirely up to a C&P Examiner to see things in your favor.

Rockhound Rider :rolleyes:

I hope you have considered and/or gotten an IMO by now on your condition. Don't leave it entirely up to a C&P Examiner to see things in your favor.

Rockhound Rider ;)

well now i have the answers, whenever the RO gets off its lazy humps and sends it to the C&P office they have 30 days to schedule you from the time they get the claim.