Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This The Norm?

Rate this question

kellan15

Question

I have a few questions regarding the competence of the examiners. I sent in my claim with all the appropriate documentation obtained mostly through the DVA. In the evidence submitted was a letter of dismissal from the Office of Personnel Management. The letter stated that the primary reason I was being retired was my service connected condition. I received my denial and in the first paragraph it stated that there had been no changes in my quality of life. In order be upgrade for compensation I would need to been hospitalized numerous times or an interruption in my employment. Well I guess a loss of one’s career is not an interruption? This was the first paragraph, to include the second and third made less sense. I filed new additional evidence and spoon feed the best I could. My fear is that they won’t even read this new evidence. It was very apparent that they didn’t read the first claim submitted. I really don’t know much about the claim process, but I could have done a better denial than the one I received. Is it time for a congressional or attorney? How could anyone get any result from such an agency! Any ideas on how to make them actually read the evidence sent? Please let me know and thanks.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

Unless I willing to check myself into the Nut Ward, eight is all you get. My doctor is a great guy and would not mislead me. He says the DVA call it a pit stop. That’s why he’s leaving the system, just as you get started you have to quit. I am not ready to go in the nut house yet. Or if you have PTSD, then you get more! Thank for all your advice, time to research the CFR's!

kellan,

Well when it comes to veteran's benefits the doctors don't always know what

they are talking about.

Example - many times we are told we can not get certain RX medications

because they are not on the VA formulary - well there's lots of ways around that also.

Any medical condition that the doctor feels is related to your service

connected condition - even if it has not yet been SC'd and compensated for

VA must provide treatment.

It makes absolutely no sense that the VA doctors would say "Tinnitus was causing

depression, anxiety and insomnia. All of which was diagnosed by DVA doctors" ,

and then limit you to eight "treatment's".

What - does the doctor feel ----- you've been cured ?

No, you do not have to check yourself into the Nut ward, (voluntary Baker Act)

to receive additional mental health treatment.

This doesn't even fit in with the regs on veteran's receiving health care benefits.

But I am certainly not here to banter this point with you - just help provide the most

accurate information I can for you.

To get your MH problems SC'd you are going to be required to have the Medical Evidence.

There are also Vet Centers that provide Mental Health Treatment.

You do not have to be SC'd for the condition to recieve care at the Vet Centers.

If you're interested in getting some help for this you can check it out here.

http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/

Good luck to you,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Kellan:

In 1991 I went to the nuthouse for 30 days. Because I did I got Social Security in 4 months was properly diagnosed and eventually won my claim. You only have to do it once and it really is not as bad as many think.

Good Luck