Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This The Norm?

Rate this question

kellan15

Question

I have a few questions regarding the competence of the examiners. I sent in my claim with all the appropriate documentation obtained mostly through the DVA. In the evidence submitted was a letter of dismissal from the Office of Personnel Management. The letter stated that the primary reason I was being retired was my service connected condition. I received my denial and in the first paragraph it stated that there had been no changes in my quality of life. In order be upgrade for compensation I would need to been hospitalized numerous times or an interruption in my employment. Well I guess a loss of one’s career is not an interruption? This was the first paragraph, to include the second and third made less sense. I filed new additional evidence and spoon feed the best I could. My fear is that they won’t even read this new evidence. It was very apparent that they didn’t read the first claim submitted. I really don’t know much about the claim process, but I could have done a better denial than the one I received. Is it time for a congressional or attorney? How could anyone get any result from such an agency! Any ideas on how to make them actually read the evidence sent? Please let me know and thanks.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Kellan, -What does your own agency say or have said toward your separation? Did you have more than one year on the job your agency and more than three years with the federal government?

• HadIt.com Elder

They probably did not even read your claim. Persistence is the key when they do these kinds of idiotic denials. Everything they told you is BS. Appeal to the DRO right away. Did you get disability retirement from the government? I was a federal employee and retired on disability. You should apply for SSD also.

• HadIt.com Elder
They probably did not even read your claim. Persistence is the key when they do these kinds of idiotic denials. Everything they told you is BS. Appeal to the DRO right away. Did you get disability retirement from the government? I was a federal employee and retired on disability. You should apply for SSD also.

This is good advice, I would appeal. Sometimes the first denial is a knee jerk to see if you are serious.

I was an INS agent and then was forced into Homeland Security. 25 years of government service, OPM's letters said my Tinnitis was the primary reason of my termination. I wear maskers and hearing aides, so it gives a bad public immage! I was denied in Sept.08 and just sent in the new evidence registered mail two weeks ago. I do have friends in the legislative branch, should I wait for an answer from the new evidence or what? Thanks for taking the time to read my rants.

kellan,

You posted, "OPM's letters said my Tinnitis was the primary reason of my termination. I wear maskers and hearing aides, so it gives a bad public immage!"

This is discrimination for sure.

Coming from your employer this statement could be used in a claim for IU.

Do you have a statement like this from a doctor ?

carlie