Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Question

Rate this question

purple

Question

I don't intend for this topic to become an argument. Just something I've been wondering for a very long time and want to get the opinion of others.

I know a vet who is receiving benefits at the 100% SC rate because this vet was in a severe vehicle accident while on duty. So far so good right? Here's the problem. This vet was drunk on duty. This vet's injuries were so severe that he was in a coma for weeks and has permanent brain injuries. He has admitted to several ppl (including me) that he crashed the military vehicle he was driving because he was drunk.

I don't believe he should be receiving benefits.

Thoughts?

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Dont get me wrong....I have no intention of reporting this vet. I've known him for a very long time...I know him personally. I figure he has to live with his own decisions.

It's just something that's been nagging me and I wanted to get other vet's thoughts on the matter.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with everyone let it go. My previous post was not to jeopadize in any way this vets service connection. The question was whether or not they should be recieving benefits. If this was a person that was a friend of mine, I would voice my displeasure with them if it was fraudulent and have second thoughts whether they deserved compensation and I know that it would put a strain on that relationship. Does not mean that I would try and get there compensation taken away. Let the higher ups be the judge of that. There would be no benefit in retaliating against this vet, period.

T&B

• HadIt.com Elder

Hulk Hogan's son caused the brain death of a Marine Vet. It was negligent reckless driving. The Marine is in a VA hospital in my town being cared for by the taxpayers for the rest of his life. He was not on active duty. He did not have his seat belt on and was ejected, and Hogan's son was drag racing. This vet is taking a bed away from some guy hurt in Iraq or even a vet who was hurt in Vietnam. Hogan's family does not want to pay for the care of this vet, and the vet's family does not or cannot pay. Who should pay for this?

John,

We sure have learned that the whole Hogan family

is egotistical crap haven't we. I hope the vets family

wins the civil suit.

Hogan's have a couple of other places also.

I think their whole divorce crap was to thin out the

family money some as Nick was a minor when the wreck happened.

This is the Hogan House in Clearwater, it's at the end

of Drew street, you turn down a little side road and it's

at the end of the curve on the water.

I think they have it up for sale now for 20+ million.

carlie

post-60-1229283344_thumb.jpg

Edited by carlie
sp

• HadIt.com Elder

Where do you draw the line? Many of those in the VAMC are there due to dumb things they did like bike wrecks and alcohol abuse. Some of that risky behavior may be due to PTSD, so it is hard to know where to say "NO". One idiot here in Tampa ran down a woman on Bayshore on his bike and killed her and crippled himself. I don't know who pays this guys bills. He was a warrent officer speeding about 100 miles an hour.