Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hate The Va! I Hate Them I Hate Them I Hate Them

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So, I'm so mad I can't see straight right now. They denied the increase again. I can't believe it, I really just can't understand how a DOCTOR'S OPINION, the DOCTOR WHO TREATS MY HUSBAND TREATS HIM! can be ignored for a lower rating. RATERS ARE NOT DOCTORS! DAMN, I'm pissed. I am sitting here shaking I'm so mad.

post-4011-1229372259_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372270_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372278_thumb.jpg

Edited by SouthernBelle

• Answers 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your day, SouthernBelle. I loved it when you immediately emailed him the case law. It sounds like "you followed your Hadit Personal Statement. you were angry, but kind; demanding, but polite; and firm but soft-spoken" . Glad to hear it was a "very pleasant conversation". After what you have been through lately, many people would of "lost it " and read them the riot act. Please keep us posted on the outcome of this day. Some high level bureaucrats and politicians beguile the constituent and then disappear back behind the curtain. My most positive thoughts are with you and your family this Christmas season. I sincerely hope that your precious little son's mother has a fantastic new year.

Cmdr.Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

Awwww, shucks, Commander Bob! You made me blush. Thank you for the wonderful wishes and comments. Sometimes I wonder about myself, ;) but you made me feel like I'm not as crazy as I think I am! :D

Way to go SB, you have now set a precident for all of the rest of us dealing at this level.

I have a call in now to the Seattle Director quoting what happened in your case today. They will now have to do the same for me and all of us. They have never let me speak directly with a DRO and now they will have to or Sen. Patty Murray's office will want to know why.

Thank you...Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

DRO review?

When my claim was denied by the VARO rater, the SO requested a DRO review after filing an NOD. The Rater that denied the claim got promoted to a DRO. So the same one reviewed it again and rubber stamped another denial under the DRO review. It was slightly changed from his denial as a rater, but only slightly.

I than requested a BVA traveling hearing. It took four yrs to get one.

Hello SouthernBelle,

I tried reading everything in this post. I can see why you are angry.

Everyone gave some good advice.

Rentalguy and Berta mentioned something extremely important. From what I read from your attachment, I also can see why the rating was 50%. It was all in the presentation.

What I took from what Rentalguy and Berta,,, "now you know what the requirements are for a 70% rating,,, be that requirement."

So, if it takes not washing and dressing sloppy for a few weeks,,, especially the week you go to see your psychiatrist/psychologist,,, so be it. If it takes being an emotional roller-coaster,,, that provider needs to be aware of such things. ---wink, wink---

Remember,,, if you know what rating you want,,, "be that rating."

PTSD has many, many facets. If the VA rates you at one level,,, I believe it plausible to get the next.

Remember, "be the 70% rating."

You deserve it and much more.

Tayo