VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hate The Va! I Hate Them I Hate Them I Hate Them

Rate this question

SouthernBelle

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

So, I'm so mad I can't see straight right now. They denied the increase again. I can't believe it, I really just can't understand how a DOCTOR'S OPINION, the DOCTOR WHO TREATS MY HUSBAND TREATS HIM! can be ignored for a lower rating. RATERS ARE NOT DOCTORS! DAMN, I'm pissed. I am sitting here shaking I'm so mad.

post-4011-1229372259_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372270_thumb.jpg

post-4011-1229372278_thumb.jpg

Edited by SouthernBelle

• Answers 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The doctor's exact words: "Mr. XXXXXXX is currently unable to obtain, or maintain employment due to his PTSD, panic, and depressive symptoms. He demonstrates severe impairment in his overall mental function, and currently is not a candidate for even limited employment."

• HadIt.com Elder

Does he have to get arrested? Do they want to see him in prison? I mean, seriously! He doesn't just not "deal well with people" he screams, he throws things, he gets in people's faces. Offenses that could land him in jail! I'm not going to let it happen.

Even before I was angry I didn't understand the difference. If people can't make a living because of their disabilities, it doesn't matter how you say it, it is the same thing.

Southern,

To VA and SSA it is not the same thing at all.

When your anger subsides some you also,will see the two differently.

Most of us here on Hadit can not deal very well with people.

carlie

Edited by SouthernBelle

I don't know if this would help or not...maybe start keeping a journal of every symptom your hubby has. Each day.....note the time....note his mood on a scale of 1-10, write down when you need to remind him to shower, if/when he has anger outbursts...what he says...every little thing.

Take that journal to every one of his doc appts....get a copy put in his medical records. It can't hurt.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have done that in the past, and it does seem to help his doctors. I'll start doing that again now.

I don't know if this would help or not...maybe start keeping a journal of every symptom your hubby has. Each day.....note the time....note his mood on a scale of 1-10, write down when you need to remind him to shower, if/when he has anger outbursts...what he says...every little thing.

Take that journal to every one of his doc appts....get a copy put in his medical records. It can't hurt.

Belle

We all know the frustration that you are feeling. I've been fighting them since 1980 and have been on SSD for service connected disabilities for 4 years now, but the VA still says "Nope, no way."

I will tell you one thing that has helped many other vets and that is, you need to quit going to his mental health appt's and C&P's with him. The docs need to see "him", the real him and not thru your eyes and statements. This has worked in 14 out of 14 male vet cases that I have helped with. You and I know that you are not making the sysmptoms "up" or saying that they are worse than they really are, but the VA docs tend not to believe "hysterical females, spouses or veterans.

It's BS, but it's a fact.

Try it for a few appt's and then get the doc notes and see the difference......