Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Work If You're 100%

Rate this question

PE1

Question

Can you work even if you're 100%? Not from PTSD. Say a Professional job like a Lawyer, Doctor or Accountant? Those jobs are physically not demanding.

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PE1,

I believe that you have asked the same question on another topic within these forums, and got some straight up hard responses from other members. I would suggest you keep certain taboo and personal topics to a min. There are so many Vets here that have been fighting for years with the VA to even get over 60% rated. If you are at 100%, why do you want to work and risk losing it all?

It is just my personal opinion and I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple that is what I have tried to understand for years. I fought to get 100% (TDIU) so I know i can't work, but why would risk it all to work. If you are 100% & have SSD you are probably over $50,000 year tax free. Thank you, finally someone that thinks like me.

What does disabled mean?

I was just thinking on this subject just last week. Many vets are completely unable to work or even leave the house and been fighting for years for UI.

Most are 50 to 80% who are struggling with the VA for UI.

I admire your go-getter attitude though. This must be a VA employee antagonizing us and making fun of our situation.

If I lived in Russia, Iran, China, most any other country I couldn't even be pleading my case. I did read South Korea was finally tending their agent orange crippled and dying Vietnam Vets and I guess the Korean civilians too, I thought that was great but don't get me wrong I realize the VA ignores us. I should really went after my disability long before I did. I knew I was eligible but I had too many responsibilities for years and was working to hard to get by and didn't know Jack about how until I found hadit. Still a little slow and need to organize my claims better on the start.

john999 is correct, if found to be at the 100% rating level for one condition then it pretty much harms your status at 100% if are able to maintain an occupation. If you cannot work due to your 100% scheduler rating for Panic Disorder, then a rational person can assume that you cannot work at all. However, if you have a 100% scheduler rating for five or more conditions then VA thinking says that it don't matter if you can be employed or not. I agree with pete, if you are 100% for a one do not dream about working.

Poolguy

I am rated 100 percent for a temporay condtion ( 6 months after surgey) There is no problem with me still working is there?

V/R

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

I'm still active duty but retiring next year. I don't have any % yet. I don't have PTSD. Just wanted to know if someone is rated 100% for a physical condition, could they still work as a teacher or at the VA pushing paper. I know that I would be very helpful, that I would do anything I could for another Veteran. Every time I talk to some one senior to me that was a Vet, I know that I'm just a little winnie. I've talked with Vets from Normandy, Iwojima and VietNam and I know that there's nothing I've done that remotely compares. I have alot of respect for my seniors. I just wish I could help in some way.