Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personal Claim Information Letter From Va Arrived Today

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I got a letter today from the VARO in Buffalo that is called a Personal Claim Information Letter.

It is a one page document that states that it is to be kept for my records to be used as proof for any state or local benefits and supercedes all other paperwork previously sent inregards to that.

It covers % rated, unemployability, etc. and is a pretty good synopsis of benefits (without stating what my disabilities are).

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone else gets one. i didn't request it or anything. I did have a DRO hearing last week or so, but maybe this is just a new VA document.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Me too from Buffalo VARO and they have my husband's SC rating wrong.

Geez- all this mailing cost them to do and then they send out the wrong info-

Got mine from the Buffalo VARO, all information is correct. I have one claim opened in Oct, but nothing else going on. Is this VA wide? Or is it a Buffalo thing?

• HadIt.com Elder

I've still got a couple of claims "hanging fire" out there somewhere in VALand. But, I've not received anything from the VARO in, like, months. Used to get one of those "we're working on it and we'll get back to you when Hell REfreezes".

The way I look at things nowadays is, if they ain't bothering me, then I ain't botherin' them, just as long as that "direct deposit" hits the bank on the first of every month!

Edited by LarryJ

I got a letter today from the VARO in Buffalo that is called a Personal Claim Information Letter.

It is a one page document that states that it is to be kept for my records to be used as proof for any state or local benefits and supercedes all other paperwork previously sent inregards to that.

It covers % rated, unemployability, etc. and is a pretty good synopsis of benefits (without stating what my disabilities are).

Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone else gets one. i didn't request it or anything. I did have a DRO hearing last week or so, but maybe this is just a new VA document.