Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Will The U.s. Government Kill The Last Vietnam Veteran?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When Will The U.S. Government Kill the Last Vietnam Veteran?

FOR 40 YEARS VIETNAM VETERANS HAVE BEEN TREATED AS PARIAHS BY "UNCLE SAM"

NEW VETS BEING USED AS AN EXCUSE TO ABUSE THE LAST SURVIVING VIETNAM VETS

By Gordon Duff, STAFF WRITER

When Vietnam veterans started coming home, legless, PTSD ridden and suicidal after having suffered higher casualty rates than any war in our history (Marines lost nearly as many dead in Vietnam as WW2 with 1/4 as many serving), they faced a VA managed by powerful service organizations with huge numbers of WW2 and Korean War veterans in control of policy making. Vietnam vets were denied membership in many of these groups and consistently were denied proper treatment for their wounds because of prejudices supported, in large part, by veterans themselves. Read Full Story

http://campaign.constantcontact.com:80/ren...fR6LDGJXwFNU%3D

Edited by allan

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Especially when you know damn well we could have plowed the whole country over, killed everyone there, and put up McDonald's on every corner. I had to call CSPAN one day because they were celebrating the 25th anniversary of our loss of that war. Your not going to be allowed to win when the Government is using it as a form of a job corp.

• HadIt.com Elder

We did not cut and run in Somalia either, it boiled down to if we did not leave Somalia might have been depopulated.

I`ll only say this political statement so I don`t get in trouble...But the place that needs depopulated the most is the place where little dip shits run around in thousand dollar suits or polyester pant suits and pretend they are somebody...When we get attacked again I hope they have their flack jackets handy...

Cavman

Edited by Cavman

Allen..thanks for the "heads up" on Vietnam vets. There is no doubt in my mind that we 'nam Vets get the shaft over the new vets. Though I certainly appreciate the OIF, Gulf Vets, Iraq Vets (my son in law is serving in Iraq right now!), I do not feel they deserve "priority" over Vietnam era Vets.

I picked my son up from the airport in his army uniform a couple weeks ago. People "clapped" for him and his Army buddies at the airport. Even tho their applause moved me, and I am proud of my son's service, I remember that I was "boooood" at the airport in uniform in the early 1970's. I am pleased we are now "supporting our troops" but I certainly do not feel that Vietnam Vets somehow deserve less support than Iraq or Gulf war Vets.