Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Could Just Strangle Somebody

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I would appreciate someone with the ability to explain the results of my hearing test going into the service and coming out.

Pre induction test R 250 - 500=15, 1,000=15, 2,000=10, 3,000 -,4000=30

L 250- 500=10, 1,000=15, 2,000=15, 3,000- 4,000=10

separation test R 250- 500=15, 1,000=15,2,000=15, 3,000-, 4,000=15

L 250- 500=15, 1,000=15,2,000=15, 3,000-, 4,000=15

Do you see what I see?

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

still,

You posted,

"But if you have a hearing loss next time you go to your audiologist just ask if you could improve your hearing by 40dB what would it take. I am sure they will tell you it is almost impossible."

As I stated in the post, yes, there are other medical problems that could allow audiology

hearing test to improve by 40db or more. It may not be typical but is not even close to impossible.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

here is my situation on the hearing thing at the time of my discharge

i was in confinement getting 212 discharge and a large chunk of metal

from a lawnmower hit me in the back of the head while on detail. it was

a hell of a lick and all they did was take me and have it sewed up no x-rays

nothing. so my current diagnoses is concussion for hearing loss and i saw

somewhere they said construction work on c and p.

but the clincher is i had the hearing test done about same time as the

accident,and noticed ringing in my ears afterward. i did not know what this

was until around the year 2000 when i got to where i had to wear hearing aids.

now i asked for records from ft bragg about the accident and they said

they could not find them. so i am being screwed big time on this as i am

almost totally deaf now.they have screwed me on everything in the book.

one day i am going to get real mad.

still,

You posted,

"But if you have a hearing loss next time you go to your audiologist just ask if you could improve your hearing by 40dB what would it take. I am sure they will tell you it is almost impossible."

As I stated in the post, yes, there are other medical problems that could allow audiology

hearing test to improve by 40db or more. It may not be typical but is not even close to impossible.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, I have tried to be nice but I am done hearing from you on this, if you think you are so d--n right pick up your phone and call your audiologist!

I quite frankly I have no idea how you think you are helping me with this!??!! Between your shouting (with the big type) and your condensending attitute you really are beggiinng to P**s me off.Please do not respond to any more of my posts I need help not what you have to offer! I am putting your post on ignore from here on out!

Opinions please [-]

Ok I would appreciate some opinions please and I promise no flaming from my end! Below is the letter from my outside audiologist I am hoping to get the VA to disallow the bogus hearing test in my file. Thanks, Stillhere

still,

When we are on a public forum - it is open for all members to respond to.

You may not read this as you state you have put me on ignore and that's a OK with me.

You state you've tried to be nice - I don't give a flip about you'r trying to be nice -

but I surely see that you don't go by your word, "and I promise no flaming from my end!"

I will point out that your response is just an example of how someone may respond,

when they don't get the answer, that they want to hear.

Apparently you have no true interest in knowing how VA will respond to the information

you are compiling to supply for this claim, or you would see that in fact I have tried to help you.

In reading this entire thread I sure don't see a slew of people trying to help you out on this issue.

You post to me,

"I quite frankly I have no idea how you think you are helping me with this!??!!"

You probably feel this way because you have taken this thread to a personal level --

instead of a level that deals with the processing of claims.

Under other circumstance's I would have sent this in a PM - but being that you've chosen a public route to be rude, I feel it is appropriate to post a response publicly.

Unfortunately, as you wish, my time with you has come to an end and I am truly sorry I bothered with this thread at all.

I wish you the best in solving your VA issues.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Still,

My hearing tests also showed improvement, I do not think I have hearing loss. I am not debating what your audiologist is saying. But I could easily see VA pull a doctor out of thier hat and say the annomoly could have been caused by different ear wax levels...level of attentivness.....Ect.

You got out in 71, have they taken a work history from you? They may try to evaluate what you have done from 71 to present and if you have any risky environments (factory work, ect) they may have thier expert state that is the cause of your hearing loss.

Your audiologist's opinion would be stronger if they specifiaclly stated why the seperation exam was flawed, other than no one improves. The VA's counter argument would be the entrance exam is flawed.

I would get a second audiologist on board with a statement because thier doc is gonna cancel out your 1st doc, you need a second opinion that refers to all of the evidence of record and hopefully states why the seperation exam is wrong (beyond improvement).

My 2 cents.

Tyler