VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scott D

Question

Has anyone used Dr. Bash for an IME? If so do you feel as though he did a good job it transcribing medical lingo into something the RO could understand. I know he charges on a case by case basis, but what would I expect to pay for this service, maybe a range of fees?

Thank you

Scott

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Scott -he charged me $2,000 and I sent him the records and info and he gave me an excellent opinion.

His fee might be determined by the type of claim -I don't know-mine was a little involved but I had everything in pretty good order for him-

He does not handle skin claims and he is not a shrink so that is something to keep in mind-

As a Neuro radiologist -in my case- his opinion of the reading of CT scans and MRI of my husband were right in his main area of expertise so that helped greatly.

He also refered to numerous other documents I had from VA and other entities and also to a past SOC I got.

The opinion was quite clear- even to the VA-but they have not read it yet.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Scott you should talk to Dr Bash. I understand he is very clear about fees and I know one Veteran he allowed to pay out over time.

Scott, I've spoken with him, and he's upfront about the fees, I'm getting ready to contact him again, as I now am in a position to move forward. The fees do fluctuate depending on the claim, but I believe Berta is pretty close.

Has anyone used Dr. Bash for an IME? If so do you feel as though he did a good job it transcribing medical lingo into something the RO could understand. I know he charges on a case by case basis, but what would I expect to pay for this service, maybe a range of fees?

Thank you

Scott

Scott,

I used Dr. Bash. His IME appears to me to be excellent. His opinions blow anything I have ever gotten through the VA. He is stright foward and uses alot of references, when dealing with the vA that is good.

The calim I used his IME is now at the rating board so I cannot tell you the outcome. He charges by how much your disability is from the VA. I mean if you receive $1.200.00 per month then that is his fee. At lest thats the way it worked for me. I encourage you to have everything organized before you send it to him. He took about 4 weeks from when I mailed it off until I received it back. I know it seems like allot of money and it is, however I have found out if you are only dealing with the vA doctors you are at their will and I can tell you from expirence it is not a place you want to be. I hope this helps. God bless you.

Dr. Bash did a IMO for me last year got denied on all counts he is now in the process of doing another write up just waiting to get it all together he needs my complete C-file which I have requested twice and have yet to receive. They did not argue against anything that he wrote but denied on the fact that he did not physically examine me. Which he said their was no VA regulation that said he must physically examine the patient in order to give an opinion. He told me at the time I contacted him that his fee was based on how complicated your case was. And he did allow me to make payments to him ,he is very easy to work with.

Leroy

• HadIt.com Elder

Leroy, the VA uses a C&P doctor at Dorn that never sees patients to take the C&P exams done by private docs, and then Dr Durkin writes all the comments on why your problem is not SC, he has written 3 of my C&P notes on exams and states why my problems are not related to my military service and I have never seen the man, once. So obviously, it is not a requirement for a doctor that writes opinions to physically see you, they do it all the time. Most of his stuff is bogus to, like on my hypertension and artheriosclerosis secondary to PTSD he wrote that CAD is not linked in any literature to PTSD, no duh, but there is a lot of literature and studies to show that hypertension and artheriosclerosis are linked to PTSD or aggravated by PTSD, he never bothered to address that and here is a link to the best statement I have ever seen for PTSD and heart problems and auto-immune disorders to be linked http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...IN2900-AM09.pdf

this is getting attached to my file next week.