Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks For Your Help

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

Berta, Carlie, VMO, Rockhound, and ClownMan thank you all for your input on medical treatises. Yesterday I went for an exam with a QTC contract doctor. The exam was for hearing loss and vertigo secondary to tinnitus for which I have 10% rating for. I told the doctor that I had been in the Navy and worked in the boileroom and engineroom and he stated that more likely contributed to my hearing loss. He tested me for the vertigo and then I was administered an audiometeric test, which show that I had hearing loss in both ears. The audiologist stated that I should check with the VA about hearing aids. The doctor discussed the results with me on both the hearing test and vertigo exam. He stated that I had hearing loss in both ears and that I had Meniere's Disease. He asked me a bunch of questions, such as whether any one else in my family had Meniere's. The answer to that was no. He stated that many times the disease could be hereditary I emphasize to him that no one else in the family had it. He asked me how the hearing loss and Meniere's affected my everyday life. I told him the many ways it affects me and also my wife. He said that he would be sending a report to the VA today on what he diagnosed.

I am afraid that the doctor might say that the Meniere's is not secondary to the tinnitus. If that happens and the claim is denied I want to be prepared to file an NOD.

Do you all have any other input to provide so that I can be prepared if the claim is denied? Hopefully your input will help me and others that might have the same concern. Thanks

68mustang

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Berta, Carlie, VMO, Rockhound, and ClownMan thank you all for your input on medical treatises. Yesterday I went for an exam with a QTC contract doctor. The exam was for hearing loss and vertigo secondary to tinnitus for which I have 10% rating for. I told the doctor that I had been in the Navy and worked in the boileroom and engineroom and he stated that more likely contributed to my hearing loss. He tested me for the vertigo and then I was administered an audiometeric test, which show that I had hearing loss in both ears. The audiologist stated that I should check with the VA about hearing aids. The doctor discussed the results with me on both the hearing test and vertigo exam. He stated that I had hearing loss in both ears and that I had Meniere's Disease. He asked me a bunch of questions, such as whether any one else in my family had Meniere's. The answer to that was no. He stated that many times the disease could be hereditary I emphasize to him that no one else in the family had it. He asked me how the hearing loss and Meniere's affected my everyday life. I told him the many ways it affects me and also my wife. He said that he would be sending a report to the VA today on what he diagnosed.

I am afraid that the doctor might say that the Meniere's is not secondary to the tinnitus. If that happens and the claim is denied I want to be prepared to file an NOD.

Do you all have any other input to provide so that I can be prepared if the claim is denied? Hopefully your input will help me and others that might have the same concern. Thanks

68mustang

Hi "68mustang". Congratulations on getting the exam. Now we have to wait and see. My most positive thoughts for a successful claim are with you.

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Got my fingers crossed and waiting for good news

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I have never heard Menirere's to be hereditary.

This is a good print out if you need it:

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/meniere.asp

I dont think you will need it however.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I have never heard Menirere's to be hereditary.

This is a good print out if you need it:

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/meniere.asp

I dont think you will need it however.

Thanks Everyone for your input and good wishes. Berta thanks for the web site. I'll post whatever is decided. Hopefully it will not be denied, but if is I'll need your help again.Thanks again.

68mustang