VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vendor Business

Rate this question

mr c -rock

Question

I was just granted 100% T&P disability and would like to go to www.vetbiz.gov or other small business orgination to have a vendor machine business. I know we cannot work and earn income being disabled but what if we want to get a loan or get your own money to start a vendor business like a snack machine that makes it own money, I do not have to go to work but like the machine work for me. I know some may say put it somebodyelse name,,,, or short cuts to get by and pass the laws. I want it straight from the hip, the honest way. I just want to get vendor machines apply for my papers to get it started. my question is, The legal way for a T&P veteran to own a vending business legally and if so how. What law allows me to be T&P, earn money as a veteran owed business and be legal. I hope you understnd what I have wrote. I sometime write how I think and it is mess up most the time.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I was just granted 100% T&P disability and would like to go to www.vetbiz.gov or other small business orgination to have a vendor machine business. I know we cannot work and earn income being disabled but what if we want to get a loan or get your own money to start a vendor business like a snack machine that makes it own money, I do not have to go to work but like the machine work for me. I know some may say put it somebodyelse name,,,, or short cuts to get by and pass the laws. I want it straight from the hip, the honest way. I just want to get vendor machines apply for my papers to get it started. my question is, The legal way for a T&P veteran to own a vending business legally and if so how. What law allows me to be T&P, earn money as a veteran owed business and be legal. I hope you understnd what I have wrote. I sometime write how I think and it is mess up most the time.

Brother you can shape it any way you want it's still a form of "employment" if you were 100% scheduler different story but PT means you are unable to hold any type of employment be it counting your money to do the books to telling employee's there daily duties.. just my 2 cents..Yog

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 100% schedular, you can make all the money you want. If you are 100% for a mental disorder, like PTSD, though, you would not be mentally able to do any kind of work. If that is the case the VA finds out you are working you can expect to be reduced. If you are TDIU you can make up to the poverty line, which is something like 13K. If you report any income while on TDIU, though, you can look for it to go away.

• HadIt.com Elder

In November, 2008 you posted that you were 80% with TDIU. Are you now schedular 100%? Or are you TDIU with P&T? I may of misread your profile, this evening. I thought it read 80%, however, now it reads T&P. I'm going in for a PET scan tomorrow, and am distracted today. I don't want to give you any wrong information. Best wishes mr c-rock, and again congratulations on your win.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

If you are 100% schedular, you can make all the money you want. If you are 100% for a mental disorder, like PTSD, though, you would not be mentally able to do any kind of work. If that is the case the VA finds out you are working you can expect to be reduced. If you are TDIU you can make up to the poverty line, which is something like 13K. If you report any income while on TDIU, though, you can look for it to go away.

Thanks for the replies VETs, I do not know what to call myself now. I was 80% TDIU and was awarded P&T or T&P in Dec 09 with no future exams. I am 70% PTSD and 20% for messed up back and neck. Just had another disc removed from neck in Nov 09. I do not know what I am.....