VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Called Me

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I filed a iris 10 days ago about my claim since it has taken so long with no response on it. I haven't recieved a response from the iris inquiry.

Today I was called from probably the pre determination team- forgot to ask who they were. She asked me what joints were affected by the reactive arthritis I filed for. She said the file will go back to the rater.

QUESTION: Is this good or bad. This condition is secondary to another disease process that is kinda connected. ( sc for cyst rated as a scar, I am asking that the cyst be changed to the correct dx and the reactive arthritis is secondary by the new dx)

At first I thought it was good they were looking to see what rating to give me, now I am thinking its for the comp examiner. I also am leary of them denying it outright and whatever joints I tell them will forever be denied and I will have to NOD the denial.

I am sc for cervical arthritis I am afraid they will say that is reactive and deny any other problems I have with my neck and I have plenty.

Any opinions on what this might indicate?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

YUP!

I be de PRO when it comes to joints. Why, just the other night I was in this place in Vega........................OH, MAN, I'm sorry, I misunderstood....

Ruby, I don't know what the phone call means. It is really hard to say, especially since I have never had anyone from the VARO call me.

However, I do remember a little bit about your claim and the reactive arthritis. You indicated that you are requesting the dx be changed...is that correct? I've been off for awhile and don't recall what you wanted them to change the dx to. Can you enlighten me?

What is bothering me is the fact that you stated "This condition is secondary to another disease process that is kinda connected." What does "kinda connected" mean?

She asked you what joints are affected by the reactive arthritis, which is a condition you want sc as secondary to the changed dx, if they agree to make the change...correct? So, the reactive arthritis is not actually service connected at all yet...is that correct?

If the answer to the above two ?'s is yes, then it is probably for a C&P exam. I don't recall...do you have a SO?

YUP!

I be de PRO when it comes to joints. Why, just the other night I was in this place in Vega........................OH, MAN, I'm sorry, I misunderstood....

Larry, I hate to hurt yur feelings but there are more pro's in this field then you know. lol

Ruby, I don't know what the phone call means. It is really hard to say, especially since I have never had anyone from the VARO call me.

However, I do remember a little bit about your claim and the reactive arthritis. You indicated that you are requesting the dx be changed...is that correct? I've been off for awhile and don't recall what you wanted them to change the dx to. Can you enlighten me?

What is bothering me is the fact that you stated "This condition is secondary to another disease process that is kinda connected." What does "kinda connected" mean?

She asked you what joints are affected by the reactive arthritis, which is a condition you want sc as secondary to the changed dx, if they agree to make the change...correct? So, the reactive arthritis is not actually service connected at all yet...is that correct?

If the answer to the above two ?'s is yes, then it is probably for a C&P exam. I don't recall...do you have a SO?

This is complicated but a refresher course as short as I can make it.

infected cyst (30 yrs later still have the same cyst only more now) rated as scar at 0%. Change the dx to ecezema closet dx for hidradentitis suppurative with reactive arthritis secondary to the hidradenditis (which is the infected cyst)---thats why I say kinda connected the infected cyst is sc but was mis dx-(fairly new disease discovered in the past 10yrs that infected cyst are the primary symptoms)

again fairly new in the past 8-10yrs it has been discovered that infected cyst (hidradenitis) can and does cause reactive arthritis.

I showed signs of the arthritis by xray while in the service, it was discovered by accident but no one ever pursued this finding. the xray findings occurred 2 yrs after the initial cyst.

I didn't file for any secondary conditions resulting from the reactive arthritis, I need to get it connected first, therefor all I ask for in my claim was to be serviced connected for the reactive arthritis.

I have bilateral achilles tendon, heel spurs, costoenterchrondritis (sp)-bone spurs on my ribs-very painful at times, urethritis, vaginitis, uveitis, cystitis etc.

The answer to your question is yes and yes.

At first I thought they might just rate it with the medical evidence I provided, then I remembered if its a secondary condition you will always get a comp exam. I figured its to tell the comp doc what joints to exam and for them to give a medical opinion on the above. Which is good that it is not an outright denial.

If the comp doc is a rheum doc then I have a good chance if its a general practioner, then I will have problems--most GP's are not knowledgeable or competent in the field of reactive arthritis or its causes.

That's it in a nutshell-lol

Thanks