VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Called Me

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I filed a iris 10 days ago about my claim since it has taken so long with no response on it. I haven't recieved a response from the iris inquiry.

Today I was called from probably the pre determination team- forgot to ask who they were. She asked me what joints were affected by the reactive arthritis I filed for. She said the file will go back to the rater.

QUESTION: Is this good or bad. This condition is secondary to another disease process that is kinda connected. ( sc for cyst rated as a scar, I am asking that the cyst be changed to the correct dx and the reactive arthritis is secondary by the new dx)

At first I thought it was good they were looking to see what rating to give me, now I am thinking its for the comp examiner. I also am leary of them denying it outright and whatever joints I tell them will forever be denied and I will have to NOD the denial.

I am sc for cervical arthritis I am afraid they will say that is reactive and deny any other problems I have with my neck and I have plenty.

Any opinions on what this might indicate?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Danang,

I sent an Iris for that purpose to start documenting the delay that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything, but I did get the phone call about a week after the iris request.

I filed a iris 10 days ago about my claim since it has taken so long with no response on it. I haven't recieved a response from the iris inquiry.

Today I was called from probably the pre determination team- forgot to ask who they were. She asked me what joints were affected by the reactive arthritis I filed for. She said the file will go back to the rater.

QUESTION: Is this good or bad. This condition is secondary to another disease process that is kinda connected. ( sc for cyst rated as a scar, I am asking that the cyst be changed to the correct dx and the reactive arthritis is secondary by the new dx)

At first I thought it was good they were looking to see what rating to give me, now I am thinking its for the comp examiner. I also am leary of them denying it outright and whatever joints I tell them will forever be denied and I will have to NOD the denial.

I am sc for cervical arthritis I am afraid they will say that is reactive and deny any other problems I have with my neck and I have plenty.

Any opinions on what this might indicate?

They are actually asking for the anotomical location. They need to know where the secondary condtion is located in reference to the primary condtion..

Okay, ruby, I gotcha. I remember now. I'm sticking to the idea that it was a call to get additional info needed to schedule your C&P exam.

As far as getting the correct anatomical location and establishing where the secondary condition is located in reference to the primary condition, doesn't seem to be relevant. I don't believe that it has anything to do with the phone call you received.

If I were claiming depression as secondary to chronic pain (primary condition), location of either or would be an irrelevant issue.

Recieved a call on Friday from the Comp and Pension dept at Haley's they scheduled the appt for 2 weeks.

Bad part of this is they scheduled it with a PA-who is a comp doc. This means I will probably lose, as my problems requires a specalized doc in derm and rheum.

I need the derm to say the orginal infected cyst was more than likely the begininng of the HD which is not a common disorder. Most people even in the medical community don't know what HD is. I think I will be screwed on this one.

I think my plan of attack will be the infected cyst caused the RA and forget the HD

I need the rheum to say the HD more then likely caused the Reactive arthritis. I have 2 VA Rheum doctors saying this in my medical records based on the infected cyst and the current cyst I have now.

While my luck was running good for a couple of days, get this one, I have had a cyst for 30 yrs, it went away today---I do believe my luck as run out. Its the cyst I was rated on in 79 and 84 it never got better till today it's gone, gone, gone! I have more but that one is gone.

I filed for depression in 06 but it was denied as I only had one comment in my records addressing depression, I now have lots of depression, severe and chronic due to chronic pain.

The second exam is for PTSD, it should be granted, all my ducks were in a row thanks to a couple of people here. Its just the percentage that will be in question.

Cross your fingers for me and pray this dude is either real smart or he is not a yes man.