Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email Letter From Vaoig

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

A few weeks ago, I complained to the VAOIG because the Cleveland RO shredded my "Special Handling Request", and other documents. They shredded my complaint form about shredding other documents!

This is the letter I received from VAOIG...has any one else got one like this?

"Dear

This is in response to the letter you sent to the VAOIG. After reviewing the information you provided,

we have reached a determination regarding your request. The box marked below provides you with

our suggestion for resolving your concerns: We Plan to take no further action nor will we respond to

future submissions on this issue.

(Box checked is): Veterans Benefit Administration Contact VA Regional Office in your area toll free at

1-800-827-1000 or visit the VA website at www.va.gov to learn about VA benefits. "

I called the toll free number and they had no knowledge of this letter.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

A few weeks ago, I complained to the VAOIG because the Cleveland RO shredded my "Special Handling Request", and other documents. They shredded my complaint form about shredding other documents!

This is the letter I received from VAOIG...has any one else got one like this?

"Dear

This is in response to the letter you sent to the VAOIG. After reviewing the information you provided,

we have reached a determination regarding your request. The box marked below provides you with

our suggestion for resolving your concerns: We Plan to take no further action nor will we respond to

future submissions on this issue.

(Box checked is): Veterans Benefit Administration Contact VA Regional Office in your area toll free at

1-800-827-1000 or visit the VA website at www.va.gov to learn about VA benefits. "

I called the toll free number and they had no knowledge of this letter.

Does anyone know anything about what is going on?

Sounds like "passing the buck". What a load of crap.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are telling you to contact the VBA to learn about Veterans Benefits that you may be entitled to.

Their response not only does not address the issue that you raised....it is a non-sensical response any way that you choose to view it.

But, you can't say that you didn't RECEIVE a response.

So, their collective asses are covered.

What? You wanted a REAL answer from the VA?

Like this ain't Kansas and my name ain't Toto.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a kissoff. I suggest that you contact either the Secretary or your Congress Critter.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I agree with Pete- a formal letter is better than email-I already had responses from 2 Director's offices on my letter to Shinseki-CCed to the IG and others-

The IG has not publically released their report yet as to their "audit" that revealed the shredding fiasco.

Perhaps they will at the Monday hearing.

Larry Scott broke this story from confirmed tips from the inside.

Then a few net newspapers published it as well and a VARO Detroit employee contacted his local press-

this whole situation- as I mentioned in my letters to the Sec et al is only known so far by veterans in the internet community and

I think the worst is yet to come when other adversely affected vets and widows find out they might have been denied due to VA's practice of shredding their stuff.

I do not expect any response at all directly from the IG- because my letter to them revealed a situation that they have not made public yet nor published info on.They dont want to acknowledge it yet for this reason-in my opinion

I am a Watergate buff-I have read and continue to read all I can on this national travesty which we only know about due to the diligence of Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward (Washington Post) I have the Frost show tapes and await Amazon to send me the movie Frost/Nixon as soon as it comes out.

Larry Scott was the new age Deep Throat as well as the publisher of what he found out. I think he deserves the Pulitzer Prize.

What Watergate taught me and continues to teach me is that many matters like VA's shredding matter are more than likely just the tip of the iceberg-

It will only be due to pressure from constituents and those who have directly contacted the House Committees in writing or with their presence there who are holding the hearings -that anything will ever be done about this.

Those BVA lawyers got caught 2 decades ago and were found guilty (the ones who were stuffing claims in old file cabinets so they didnt have to work on them)

That took time and obviously they had complaints from vets and widows.Probably from NSOs too.

The VA says that service orgs got the Fast letter- but what did they do about it?

It should be posted at every vet service rep office and even in every newspaper.

BUT that IG audit isnt public yet-

I think that is why you got the generic IG response.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.