VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chap 35

Rate this question

Scottyp65

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

For those who are in the know.

I believe I will be granted P&T some time here in the next few months to year to go along with the 100%. That is of course if I don't have to go through the gazillion reviews and appeals. I have a daughter who will be enrolling in college this coming Aug. Should I apply for Chap 35 benenfits now when I am schedular 100% but not yet P&T? I ask because I have read where others had been granted retroactive P&T but the time had run out, or where if they had applied they may have been able to be reimbursed for the costs. I don't want to be left holding the bag because of VA BS and then find out oh if you had applied......

Thanks ;)

I would apply and if you are denied, the VA can not come back on you for not applying.

• HadIt.com Elder

Although you earn the Chapter 35 benefit it is actually your daughters. She should apply and will be turned down of course. But after you get the award she can be paid back to the original filing. Waiting till you have the benefit can be costly.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

I applied for P&T as soon as I got my TDIU. When I got P&T it was retroactive to the time I appealed the decision to deny me P&T. I would not wait for the VA to award it to you.