Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will C File Request Delay My Claim

Rate this question

Curt

Question

Hello,1st post be gentle....

I requested a copy of results of my C&P exams and was told that this would delay my claim. I only filed in Sept 08 but didn't

want to slow down the process. Is this true that requesting C&P results will delay claims?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The private MES/QTC exam results can only be requested through the RO as far as I understand it. There are only a limited number of people in the RO that can access and print the results (unlike VAMC exams).

Your claim will get slowed up by requesting the copies...especially at Houston. I requested copies from there of my C-file, and it took 2-3 months...with no claim pending.

The contract exams are crap. I can't believe the VA even does that to the veteran. There is one bit of relief, though. You can demand a VA exam rather than the private one. VA must comply at that point, and order it at a VAMC. Being that you have already had your exams, I would wait it out if you feel that your claim is close to decision. Otherwise, ask for copies.

What you had was a contract exam through QTC (a company owned by the wife of ex Secretary of VA, Principi). You have to go through the RO to get a copy of the exam. These exams depend on the area/location to the VAMC. It would be best if you wait for your claim to be adjudicated and ask for a copy of your entire C-File. The results are not a part of your VAMC records.

I think your questioned has been answered, right?!

Nevertheless, I just wanted to say welcome to HADIT. Where we are generally gentle and mild mannered...:P

Thanks everyone for being so helpful and for the welcome, you guys are great!!

1,2,3,4,5,6,7, etc.........Oh, Thats just me counting the days/months till I hear something