Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yipee My 10 Pt Pref Got Me Something

Rate this topic

airborne18

My 10pt prefrence finally paid off... well sortof... I took the test for a Census Job. I missed one question ( and an easy math one ).. But I did get a job out of it. I am one of the two supervisors for QA in my county. Pays 17.75 an hour and supposedly I can work from home.

It only lasts 15 weeks. But I need the money, daughter starts college this fall and we are getting zero federal aid. If anyone thinks the VA is nonsense, the FASFA process is a joke.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 10pt prefrence finally paid off... well sortof... I took the test for a Census Job. I missed one question ( and an easy math one ).. But I did get a job out of it. I am one of the two supervisors for QA in my county. Pays 17.75 an hour and supposedly I can work from home.

It only lasts 15 weeks. But I need the money, daughter starts college this fall and we are getting zero federal aid. If anyone thinks the VA is nonsense, the FASFA process is a joke.

Congrats, good news is hard to come by.

Way to go. Guess you beat out the affimative action crowd. Good luck!

....And on the eighth day God created Infantry and Hell cried for mercy.

• In Memoriam

This is the first time I have heard of 10 pt. pref. helping a Vet. This is good news for Vets. If you only missed one question I don't think you needed the pref. anyway unless it was to beat out some other 8a pref.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use