Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Think I Lucked Out With Not So Good Imo

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Some may have seen my recent topic about an IMO I got. It was quite good I thought. It was perfectly clear to any adult of average education and intelligence. Of course... IMO for VA needs must be written as to an idiot 5 year old. :lol: That made mine real doubtful.

Well, it seems to have been good enough though I feel I must commend some back room good ole boy politics some too. I'm represented by the Tex Vets Comm. My officer looked at that IMO and shook his head saying pretty much what y'all did but thought we could ask for an extension to get it refined. But before the hearing he said the RO wanted to look at it. First thing when we all got together he said though the IMO wasn't in the usual form he would accept it any way and grant an increase in feet and SC L ankle, and the R ankle, knees hip and back as secondary to SC conditions.

Now this next part doesn't make sense to me. He said the 'good thing' was that he wasn't going to ask for a VA medical opinion. But, I would have to go for a C&P exam on the various items. And this is not asking for an opinion? Is he perhaps just wanting the numbers for dorsiflexion and plantar flexion and such like to rate?

Concerning TDIU, I still do not have the points yet but the rater would say when he got the report back from C&P, he'd see how things added up.

I'm at 40% now (though the 10% for tinnitus doesn't figure in for IU) so I don't see getting to 70% a problem. Looking at the regs, getting 40% on one item shouldn't be a problem either, but we'll see.

So here we go again.

Unfortunately, we have a couple of real champions in the C&P department. One fellow has even been known to push down on a shoulder getting a person to drop lower for knee bend ROM testing. B) My knees will be tested in this. If anybody tries a stunt like that on me, I'll yell in agony (won't have to fake it) and fall down. Shoud be plenty of people privy to that little trick.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a difference in a C&P and asking for a medical opinion. A C&p only ascertains the current level of a disability. If a medical opinion is requested, the VARO is asking the examiner for a nexus statement. If the doc moves to put his hand on you to push you farther, tell him you will kick his ass and mean it when you say it. I had a "foreign" doc try to put his hand on me in a C&P years ago in order to make me bend further. He picked his fat can up off the floor. I told him that I was a little touchy about personal space and I react before I think.

90%, TDIU P&T

Range of motion :lol: ! Pain is only worth 10 percent. If the examiner assist you with your range of motion file for an inadequate exam.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

There is a difference in a C&P and asking for a medical opinion. A C&p only ascertains the current level of a disability. If a medical opinion is requested, the VARO is asking the examiner for a nexus statement. If the doc moves to put his hand on you to push you farther, tell him you will kick his ass and mean it when you say it. I had a "foreign" doc try to put his hand on me in a C&P years ago in order to make me bend further. He picked his fat can up off the floor. I told him that I was a little touchy about personal space and I react before I think.

I would try to kick the examiners a.., but I would fall down.

This sounds good Jay-

it only needs refinement- but it sounds like they DID accept it!

Good news-and hopefully the TDIU will be awarded.

It sounds like they are going to see if you are up to 70% and then go ahead and make a decision on TDIU.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh Rental and Jayg the doc I had did that -pushed my shoulders down, doc was really short too. Whoa, your posts sure brought back memories. Once again, I am shocked. How in the samhill do we really know what a fair 'exam' is??? Makes me feel stupid and MAD. Ok, I am breathing now, and reconfirming any future c&p exams are with husband along.

Hey, thanks for the jolt - who needs coffee now? not me, just got 'kicked'!!

Best to y'all,

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!