VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To All S/c Veterans And Those Working On It...

Rate this question

Meddac

Question

This is NOT intended to start a big squabble match nor to solicit defaming comments. Several of you know that I am here and who I work for. I only intend to help in the most sincere way. Some of you that I have contact with away from here can attest to that fact.

To all veterans: One of the quickest ways to get reduced is to lie about your conditions. You could get worse.

I had the chance encounter in the past 3 weeks to come across an increase claim for a veteran. After my usual work on the claim I did an administrative decision. That decision required my signature and 2 others. All three signatures came back to me today. As of 1:30 PM this afternoon when I left work, the claim, admin decision, and this veterans future are in dire straits. I proposed to sever all current benefits. Yes, the veteran is S/C for some things....or was S/C, and it was granted by an RO that I do not feel is up to the task of serving veterans. I would put them in your "Dirty Dozen", but I am not giving names. I had to hand carry the file to my rater to do the rating proposal. The rater was nearly done when I left for the day. My day was pretty much dead at that point. I don't feel good about what I had to do, but it was blatant and I caught it immediately.

My rater has had to do a CUE. It was CLEAR, it was UNMISTAKABLE, and it was an ERROR. I do not feel for this veteran at all, but I am also not proud of my task. I wish it had been someone elses digit, and not mine. It will cost the vet money, cause a large overpayment, and on Monday it will cost them their free medical care.

The story is very long, and I won't post it on here. It's on my chest, and I eventually have to vent it out....somehow. I just wanted you guys/gals to know that benefits can be reduced (which you already know), and that they can be taken away completely. We have a saying in our office that never really meant anything until today: "The wheels of the government move very, very slowly...but they move."

The veterean was S/C for about 3 years, and I feel like sh!t.

Sorry "c2"

Edited by Meddac

• Answers 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm more inclined to be upset with the person mucking up the allready heavily backloged claims system with bogus claims and lies. These types of claims slow down everyone elses claims, puts a stain on all veterans and gives the public and congress a reason to stiffen the rules of an already difficult proccess.

From the original post: "One of the quickest ways to get reduced is to lie about your conditions". Anyone upset about this sentance has not been a part of Hadit very long. None of the longer standing and helpfull members here condone lieing to advance a claim. To the contrary, most here realize this type of behavior hurts all veterans.

As for Meddac having a covert agenda. How ridiculous. Someone is going to pose as a distrusted VA employee to push a hidden agenda to veterans? I wonder how many drug dealers are in prison due to an informant posing as a police officer while he collected evidence against them? Good hell people, get real.

This forum is for posting claims advice. I think 'Don't lie' is pretty good advice. Meddac gave his reasoning for the advice. I certainly don't need details as to why I shouldn't lie during the claims procces.

Everyone here is upset with the proccessing times for claims. It is one of the biggest issues. Yet for some it seems easier to attack a member of the board (and veteran) that is trying to help veterans than to be upset with the very person (rightfully undisclosed name) that is mucking up the the system and slowing down their claims. Kind of like being mad at the hammer for smashing your finger but defending the person that swung it. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If your VARO is working on someones BS claim, their not working on your good one.

Edited by timetowinarace

This entire thread should be locked and then deleted.

There is enough bickering on this site as it is.

If there is a lesson to be learned from Meddac's post, relating to the claim mentioned, I hope Meddac will share it. If some of the other members have some sort of proof that Meddac isn't even a vet or is genuinely up to no good, let them prove it. Otherwise everyone needs to shut up.

Delete this thread.

This entire thread should be locked and then deleted.

There is enough bickering on this site as it is.

If there is a lesson to be learned from Meddac's post, relating to the claim mentioned, I hope Meddac will share it. If some of the other members have some sort of proof that Meddac isn't even a vet or is genuinely up to no good, let them prove it. Otherwise everyone needs to shut up.

Delete this thread.

I agree with you about the bickering. If anyone has any proof against MEDDAC then present it. Those who don't like MEDDAC's posts, no one is forcing you to read or agree with them. We do have good moderators who will take action if there is a need for it. We all can use a little help to fight the VA.

68mustang

I agree with you about the bickering. If anyone has any proof against MEDDAC then present it. Those who don't like MEDDAC's posts, no one is forcing you to read or agree with them. We do have good moderators who will take action if there is a need for it. We all can use a little help to fight the VA.

68mustang

I have seen other posts of members stating they served with/under meddac at fort (edit... I think it may have been fort irwin.. maybe.. I know the post was talking about training accidents back in '80 and '81).... can't remember the name of the base. There's your proof that he's a vet.

He's also not out to get anyone. He's help me tremendously. So he's def. an asset to this fourm. As I stated before, this thread wasn't created for bickering, meddac also stated that. He just wanted to let it be known that the VA, can, and will take benefits that should not have been granted in the first place. It's simple. I understand that everyone on this forum in one way, shape, or form has had bad juju with the VA. The problem is that we cannot take that out on meddac. We all know there are incompetent, lazy VARO employees. Also, as I stated before, I've never had a competent person touch my C file. Meddac is not one of these people, and it's obvious to see. He's going above and beyond. Not only is he doing his job, but he's comming home, taking time out of his family life, and trying to help us out where he can.

Everyone should see his original post for what it is, a warning/deterent to not file a fraudulent/(can't think of the word I'm looking for) claim because doing so opens up a can of worms. It could possibly mean loosing your benefits that your currently recieving(if asking for an increase), or a waste of time(if on an original claim).

I said it before, and it's been reiterated by a few other members. If you don't like what's posted, don't read it. It's that simple. There's also a member block. If you don't like what that person has ever said, or offered, you can block them completely(I believe that's how it works, I've never used it, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd actually like to see this thread stay open. It's informative, and once again, if nothing else a deterent. Might keep people from filing a claim, that will delay my claim/appeal from reaching a decision sooner.

Carlie, sorry for taking your saying, but that's JMHO. :lol:

Tyler

You know, I also wanted to add, I completely agree with you Timetowinarace.

Edited by livingrock21

Berta,

Thanks for your dollars worth and allowing about 36 hours of patience

to a disabled veteran that also happens to be employed by the VBA.

All other poster's,

We sure are showing that we just can't wait and let Sunday arrive

so Meddac can post the information he has said he will.

Cut a disabled veteran no slack at all, right - I mean after all,

he works for the VBA so this automatically has to make him a POS.

I personally am so glad to not be a part of that mind frame.

Why is this ? After all it's not like we're having to wait 18 months

for a denial.

And BTW, have I posted today - St. Pete VARO SUCKS !

jmho,

carlie