Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finished At Raters

Rate this question

vetsvet

Question

my claim has just finished at the raters for ptsd and a few other sc conditions. was told that it was at the post determination awaiting signatures. is this normal and does it take long?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just as Tanker has stated, they will/can "break 'em out", approve one or two and award you that portion of your claim(s) whilst working on the others.

It is very "normal" and nothing to worry about. Matter-of-fact, it's a GOOD sign.

Vetsvet, I'm in the same boat right now. My decision was made on the 1st of April and still waiting for the letter. Yes they do handle the claims seperately sometimes. On this claim they deferred two of my claims pending the outcome of 2 others. So don't feel alone right now. This is my 5th time waiting for the "letter". I did receive a very nice reply from IRIS stating that it was in for accuracy and approval.

20 Days and Waiting : )

Diz

• HadIt.com Elder

Some claims are reviewed at a different place not so much to change them but to review how well the claim was done.

Social Security does the same thing

Whenever I have called, I did it a couple of times to see if the information I received was the same, as in the past it has not been so. Then if I am not able to find out anymore info from the person on the phone I call my veterans service officer, and he finds out for me. I utalize the one's who are across the hall at the VARO. They can look up info on their computer logged into the va system and give me the info they read. I have found this helpful. Also the womens coordinator at the VARO has been somewhat helpful too. I have never had any luck with the IRIS system though.

As far as a time limit, there is no set amount it may take. First I think took about a month after decision was made to follow through the processes, and the second they kept telling me it would take 3-4 weeks and I had it in my bank in over 2 weeks, however they said they had not inserted it into the accounting system yet. Called the bank about something and they told me deposit was made day before.

my claim has just finished at the raters for ptsd and a few other sc conditions. was told that it was at the post determination awaiting signatures. is this normal and does it take long?
Edited by halos2

Halos,,,

That is some great info you gave. I submitted a NOD last Aug for 2 things. After losing my paperwork,,, GRRRRR,,, anyhow

The first decision on the first claim came back the end of December. I was then told that the other portion of my NOD was in the works. I always get confused about decision made and deposit. It actually took until March for my deposit to hit and I have direct deposit.

So,,, my new thing,,, patience. Maybe,,, just maybe,,, I'll give my bank a call tomorrow and they'll say,,, "Sir, you received a deposit of $XXX,XXX,XXX (LOL) last night."

Smile,

Tayo