VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First C&p Exam

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

I had my first exam that the VA set up last week. I had a disk fusion on my L5-S1 last year after my disk collasped while still on active duty. I got out on the 15 of this month. I also have been having pain radiating down both legs and have been going to the clinic to have it checked out, which that did nothing for me but I do have it documented that I have been going to be seen for it. My discharge physical states that my ROM was 20 percent fwd and 0 percent back and 10 percent bilateral. It also say's decrease sharp/dull left calf lateral foot.

The doc that I seen through the VA ROM measurments were 15 fwd ,10 back, 15 bilateral. He also performed the test where you lay on your back and he raises your legs one at a time, he told the nurse who was writing everything down that I was positive for both which I still am not sure what that means. The nurse told the doc that I also probally had Unfavorable ankylosis of the spine but the doc got a little upset with that and said no becuase it is ONLY one disk fused. B) He told the nurse to write that I have IVDS. He also found a lump in the wrong place and that I might have prostate cancer, he said he would set up an oppointment for that.

I guess I am here to see what you all think, I also went to see the another doc about tinnitis. She said that I do have some hearing loss in my left ear, she said she would put in her report that my tinnitis is service connected or due to.

I have applied for Voc Rehab and got the approval and they said that I am atleast 20 percent. I am not sure what percentage I am since ofcourse you dont see the doc report untill later.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Positive for a straight leg test means you have a pinched nerve in you low back "for sure" this is a test they do with out running test/MRI to see for sure..The rest will chime in shortly with the rest.But my guess is you are at the very least 40% pushing 60 with other rateable symptoms "ridiculapathy" maybe I have these same problems with out the fusion. But just like you said they are your first %'s I see folks go back and get higher ratings all the time...To reach 60%IU your injury has to cause 6 weeks or more proscribed bed rest and or 6W Totally Incapacitating episodes in a year.

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

Prostate Cancer?

How the hell can a "back exam" show signs of prostate cancer?

Unless, of course, the doc had his finger in the wrong place........................but, you'd have known about that, I'm SURE!

Prostate Cancer?

How the hell can a "back exam" show signs of prostate cancer?

Unless, of course, the doc had his finger in the wrong place........................but, you'd have known about that, I'm SURE!

Ya, he did the full exam. Im going to another appointment tomarrow for the prostate to find out for sure.

Ya, he did the full exam. Im going to another appointment tomarrow for the prostate to find out for sure.

It is hard to say since I had about 120 days limited duty and only 6 days on bed rest. Just got out of active duty on the 15.

So you have not really been treated by the VA yet, just the military?

Have you had an ncv/emg study done on your legs???

I have 40% for back with radiclapathy(sp?) down left leg.. I think somewhere I read my next level is 60% if both legs are involved.

My rating has been changed 3 times in 2 years. I had my one year, and it was bumped up, and I refiled for paralysis in my leg and I got another rating out of it. So do not stress too much over this, back problems do not improve with age. With me the EMG/NCV studies have been cited as the basis for my rating increases.. I get MRI's every year, but those are not the primary evidence cited by the rater.. Not sure why...

Congrats on your Vocrehab.. Don't sweat the rating stuff, getting the service connection is the hard part, which sounds like you got that locked.. .. get a good VSO that works in the VARO. Also let your claim pan out before adding new claims.. everytime your file is touched it adds 60 days.. .

So you have not really been treated by the VA yet, just the military?

Have you had an ncv/emg study done on your legs???

I have 40% for back with radiclapathy(sp?) down left leg.. I think somewhere I read my next level is 60% if both legs are involved.

My rating has been changed 3 times in 2 years. I had my one year, and it was bumped up, and I refiled for paralysis in my leg and I got another rating out of it. So do not stress too much over this, back problems do not improve with age. With me the EMG/NCV studies have been cited as the basis for my rating increases.. I get MRI's every year, but those are not the primary evidence cited by the rater.. Not sure why...

Congrats on your Vocrehab.. Don't sweat the rating stuff, getting the service connection is the hard part, which sounds like you got that locked.. .. get a good VSO that works in the VARO. Also let your claim pan out before adding new claims.. everytime your file is touched it adds 60 days.. .

No have not been seen by the VA yet. Just got out of active on the 15 of this month. No study on legs yet, like I said though the doc told the nurse I had IVDS and was positive for both leg raise test. I am just guessing but I think I might be around 30-40 percent.